We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Formula One Spa GP 2012

Which Spa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 16
Formula One Spa GP 2012

Hi, I am attending just the race on the Sunday and have a Bronze General Admissions ticket. I have seen here they have coaches which go from nearby cities for Sunday ticket holders: spagrandprix.com/en/pages/tribune-bronze.aspx

But they dont say how to book or how many coaches there are! Anyone know anything about this? Obviously i dont want to just turn up and expect a place on the coach only to find i had to book and there are no spaces left anyway.

Otherwise i will just get the train as we are not staying far from Liege train station.

Thanks.

Brussels, Belgium
reviews: 3
1. Re: Formula One Spa GP 2012

It says they are free and it doesn't say anything about booking so presumably you just turn up. I noticed there was a document to download but didn't bother to do this, so don't know whether that contains more information. As the only people who can tell you anything about these coaches are the organisers who charter them, I suggest you use the e-mail address at the bottom of the page if you want to know more.

However, as regards your alternative option of "just getting the train": you do know there isn't a train to anywhere close to the racetrack? By train you have to go to VERVIERS and take local buses from there: apparently on race-days they lay on more buses than normal for each departure (which cannot be booked, they are just normal buses) but again, I gather they don't go all the way to the track, you could have 1 km or so to walk. So the private coaches are obviously going to be better.

Edited: 7:40 am, August 26, 2012
London, United...
2. Re: Formula One Spa GP 2012

Thanks for your response.

Yes i have emailed them and am awaiting their reply, they probably get a lot of enquiries so not sure how long it will take!

I do know that the train does not go to the track or anywhere near, and yes i know i can get the bus/ shuttle from the station. I think i actually read one of your previous comments about walking about a 1km, so from that i also know we will have to walk so i appreciate your input into this matter.

If it come to it then we will just have to do that, although i agree the coach may be a good thing to get as it should go closer the track than anything else.

The coach from Liege is from near the train station too, so if we fail to get on then we can simply get a train, so wont be too much trouble ( i hope!), Although out of the two options i would like to get the coach as it's obviously going to get a straight journey to the track as oppose the train which would mean getting off at Verviers then getting a bus then walking 1km!

I'll let you know how it goes.... once again thanks for the help.

Longmont, Colorado
3. Re: Formula One Spa GP 2012

Hello,

I am hoping to visit for the event coming up in Sept. 21 ish. Spa 6 hours. I am wondering is it better to stay in spa and follow your advice about trains and coaches or should I look to book closer to the track.

thanks for any assistance given.

London, United...
4. Re: Formula One Spa GP 2012

Hi, we went to the race today and are staying in liege, it is about a 40 min journey to Verviers central and costs €5 for a return back to liege. To the track we got a bus which cost €8 and took about 40 mins. Liege so far is great and I'm staying in a very nice hotel called husa la couronne, which is new but also cheap and is on the street next to the station. So I'd say staying a little further out isn't as bad as it seems.

To find a hotel so close to Spa isn't easy for events, it seems you will have to do this in advance but you can try.

5. Re: Formula One Spa GP 2012

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, October 14, 2013