We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how do i get from Brussels airport to Spa-Fra and back??

Which Spa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Athens, Attiki...
how do i get from Brussels airport to Spa-Fra and back??

i'm arriving to Brussels airport on Friday and leaving on Monday morning....what is the best way with public transportation? i was not able to find my way around the belgian train site....thanka!

Brussels, Belgium
reviews: 3
1. Re: how do i get from Brussels airport to Spa-Fra and back??

In b-rail site enter Bruxelles-Nat.-Aéroport as departure station and Verviers-Central as destination station. It takes about 1h40 from the station below the airport, changing in either Leuven or Brussels (timetable will give Bruxelles-Nord) depending on timing. From Verviers station there are buses to the circuit.

Athens, Attiki...
2. Re: how do i get from Brussels airport to Spa-Fra and back??

thanks so much....Verniers station is the station in the city of Spa?

Brussels, Belgium
3. Re: how do i get from Brussels airport to Spa-Fra and back??

No, Verviers is not the same city as Spa. The racetrack is not in Spa, but in Francorchamps, which - by public transport - is most easily reached from Verviers - as you could also see from its official website: spa-francorchamps.be/en/access-train-bus.php

Edited: 7:25 am, August 03, 2012
Athens, Attiki...
4. Re: how do i get from Brussels airport to Spa-Fra and back??

please bear with my. i'm looking for the station in Spa, my reservation is there

Brussels, Belgium
5. Re: how do i get from Brussels airport to Spa-Fra and back??

Then why did you ask for directions to "Spa-Fra" (= Francorchamps)?!

Assuming that you want to make this journey before 31 August (or any weekend in September), when trains are not running to Spa because of work on the railway line, you would still go to Verviers-Central, and take the bus, laid on by SNCB (but operated by TEC) from outside the station to Spa (or Spa-Géronstère, depending on which is closest to your hotel), total travel time 2h40, e.g. (no idea what time!):

- Dep. Brussel-Nat-Luchthaven 12:39 - Direction: Leuven

- Arr. Leuven 12:53

- Dep. Leuven 13:26 - Direction: Eupen

- Arr. Verviers-Central 14:23

- Dep. Verviers-Central 14:40 BUS - Direction: Spa-Geronstere

- Arr. Spa 15:19

For the sake of completion, although it provides no advantage, you can also take a train from BRU to Pepinster, changing first at Bruxelles-Nord and then at Liège-Guillemins (final destination of Pepinster train is Verviers-Palais) and change there for the bus to Spa - it's the same bus, whether from Verviers or Pepinster, see …b-rail.be/HAFAS/…

Edited: 10:20 am, August 03, 2012
6. Re: how do i get from Brussels airport to Spa-Fra and back??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 pm, August 21, 2013