We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A nice port recommendation

Which Vilamoura hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Leeds
reviews: 40
A nice port recommendation

Hi can anyone give me a recommendation for a nice bottle of port I can buy whilst in Villa? I'm not looking to spend an arm and leg but do not mind spending a few quid on something to savour.

Thanks

4 replies to this topic
Vilamoura, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
1. Re: A nice port recommendation

You could go to the Soares shop. They sell wine & spirits and have a big selection of port. They will help you making a choice. There are two shops, one in the Marina, east side and one above there on street level. tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g189100-i201-k4136…

Waterloo, Canada
reviews: 20
2. Re: A nice port recommendation

When we were in Porto last year we went to the Ramos Pinto port lodge for tastings. All of their styles of port were lovely so we went back for a second tasting! We can't buy that brand in Canada so brought a few bottles home. They were just as nice here as they were in the ambience of the port lodge.

England
reviews: 1
3. Re: A nice port recommendation

Any decent Tawny Port in a storm.

Coventry, United...
4. Re: A nice port recommendation

At soarers shops you can get Dows midnight for 6 euro , don't be afraid to try it chilled , it's the only way I drink it nowadays ,sacrilege some would say.

Reply to: A nice port recommendation
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Vilamoura