We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pinhal da Marina, Old Village or similar

Which Vilamoura hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cork, Ireland
reviews: 171
Pinhal da Marina, Old Village or similar

Hello all, my husband and I are coming to Vilamoura for a week in early October with our then 4 month old baby. I am looking for a one bedroom apartment with some hotel facilities rather than a private rental. I was recommended the Luna Olympus but it is booked for our dates. I am considering the Pinhal da Marina or the Old Village. We would like a nice pool, a restaurant and bar onsite and walking distance to the marina. Which of these two would you recommend? Or is there somewhere closer to the marina with similar facilities? Our budget is €550 for the week. Thanks in advance!

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
1. Re: Pinhal da Marina, Old Village or similar

Old Village has more choice of restaurants and bars. But it has no hotel facilities.

There's also a supermarket on site.

Pinhal da Marina has no hotel facilities either.

Both OV and PdM are privately owned and let either directly or through agents.

You could also check out the Dom Pedro Portobello hotel, right near the marina. It has spacious apartments and you'll have hotel service. The apartments have airco./heating as well. The nights in October can be damp and it can feel cool. Some heating may be useful if you travel with a 4 month old baby.

The marina will offer you shops, restaurants and bars. There are several supermarkets around.

Ireland
reviews: 93
2. Re: Pinhal da Marina, Old Village or similar

We stayed in the Old Village last week. We really loved it but it is 1.5 miles away from the Marina so may be too far out for ye.

Chichester, United...
reviews: 26
3. Re: Pinhal da Marina, Old Village or similar

For Location Dom Pedro PORTOBELO would be very good close to PUBLIC TRANSPORT and Taxis to go further afield, just a few minutes from Beach and Marina, have been staying there for almost 30 years.

Also try the Ampalius even closer to the Beach and just across the road from Portobelo. both are a walk away from Quarteira with its very long Promenade along side the BEACH with lots of Resaurants and being a working CITY plenty of shops.

I always go from the end of October into November for a total of 3 weeks and always come back with a TAN.

4. Re: Pinhal da Marina, Old Village or similar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 20, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Vilamoura