We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Winter in Vilamoura

Which Vilamoura hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Criccieth North...
reviews: 18
Winter in Vilamoura

We are thinking of spending a couple of months, December and January, in Vilamoura, can anyone tell me if many restaurants, bars etc or open. Is the weather reasonable then. Thanks

4 replies to this topic
Vilamoura, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
1. Re: Winter in Vilamoura

Vilamoura is a purpose built resort and has a very small population. It's more a residential than working community and in wintertime many places are closed. Restaurants and bars will be open open but quite a few close. You may feel rather lost in between the golfers which tend to visit during that time.

You can walk to Quarteira, which is adjacent to Vilamoura, Quarteira has a larger (working) population of which many in the fish industry. Quarteira has a 2 kilometer long promenade with shops, restaurants and bars along. Some of them close for the winter.

The weather in wintertime is very reasonable and when the sun is out it feels rather nice.

holiday-weather.com/vilamoura/…

Edited: 1:00 pm, July 15, 2014
Durham, United...
reviews: 49
2. Re: Winter in Vilamoura

I have been to Vilamoura in January for the last four years and have seen more and more bars and restaurants closed in January because of the current financial situation.

I will probably not return in January 2015 because of this.

Weather on the other hand is fairly good during the daytime although it's fairly cool and damp on an evening

England
reviews: 1
3. Re: Winter in Vilamoura

As posted above the weather is reasonable and much better than the UK. My wife and I have been to our apartment in all months and depending on where you stay there are still plenty of local places open away from the marina to eat and drink in winter (and cheaper). Strangely we prefer it in winter due to the fact there isnt the hussle and bussle of summer. I would be confident you would enjoy it and find sufficient places to et and drink. Good luck.

Chichester, United...
reviews: 22
4. Re: Winter in Vilamoura

I know I am late with my reply but have you booked if not be careful because some Hotels may be closed, even though some Travel Companies will still be booking Apartments, as I found out to my cost.

Reply to: Winter in Vilamoura
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Vilamoura