We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Living in Vilamoura for 28 years

Which Vilamoura hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vilamoura, Portugal
Living in Vilamoura for 28 years

Hi,

I live in Vilamoura for 28 years so I know quite well the área. If you have any questions or doubts please feel free to post me a message.

I will try to help you the best I can.

Ana

1. Re: Living in Vilamoura for 28 years

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:35 am, December 15, 2013
Edited: 9:35 am, December 15, 2013
Romiley
reviews: 25
2. Re: Living in Vilamoura for 28 years

Will be coming over on the 26th December for 4 days do you have any idea what the weather will be like and any ideas of what to do other than relax with a drink and look at the boats

Regards

Jon

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
3. Re: Living in Vilamoura for 28 years

Here's a link for our national weather: www.ipma.pt/en/otempo/prev.10dias/…

Keep checking back as the weather tends to change.

Have you seen the top questions (to the right)?

Also have a look at www.visitalgarve.pt Under 'downloads' you'll find a monthly program which covers the entire Algarve. Also under 'downloads' you'll find maps, brochures and ebooklets.

New Years eve you could go to Quarteira (adjacent to Vilamoura) for fireworks and music.

Quarteira has a 2 km long promenade and a lot of people will gather there. Have a nice stay!

Vilamoura, Portugal
4. Re: Living in Vilamoura for 28 years

Hi,

Usually weather in December is very cold at night but can be very nice and warm during the day if it is not cloudy. I am sorry to say but at this time of the year you have not much to do except going for a walk along the marina or Quarteira. If you play golf, tennis or if you like to run, Vilamoura is the best place to be as you have 5 golf courses, and beautiful landscape for jogging. Hope you have a nice stay.

Romiley
reviews: 25
5. Re: Living in Vilamoura for 28 years

Thanks for the quick response information much appreciated

Regards

Jon

Durham, United...
reviews: 49
6. Re: Living in Vilamoura for 28 years

Hi Jon

There are also some good cycle routes if you're feeling energetic

northern ireland
reviews: 3
7. Re: Living in Vilamoura for 28 years

hi ana I am travelling to vilamoura in july with another 5 adults and 2 small children could you recommend any villas that sleep 8 .am staying for 10 days looking something modern with own pool thanks etta .

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
8. Re: Living in Vilamoura for 28 years

Here are some rental websites, all directly from owners:

www.ownersdirect.co.uk

www.homeaway.co.uk

www.holidaylettings.co.uk

Also have a look under 'top questions' (to the right) "safe payment for your holiday rental"

Vilamoura, Portugal
9. Re: Living in Vilamoura for 28 years

Hello

You can find beautiful villas for rent at www.homeaway.com or www.ownersdirect.co.uk

Here you will get in touch with the villa's owners or agencies and you can read previous guests comments.

Or you can book through local agencies such as www.garvetur.pt or www.silverholidays.com

When you make a selection fel free to ask me about the área where it is located. I will tell you what services or facilities you have nearby.

Either way I wish you a wonderful holiday and enjoy our weather and sea as much as I do. But be careful with our sun as it can be very harmeful. Be sure you and your family will use all times solar protector (even when you are not in the beach.

Regards

Ana Maia

Edited: 7:55 am, January 05, 2014
Mansfield, United...
reviews: 1
10. Re: Living in Vilamoura for 28 years

Hi Ana

We are travelling to Vilamoura on the 25th jan and don't know what clothes to pack, will it be warm enough to sit out during the day or have swim or will we need coats and warmer clothes

Any other information like nice bars and restaurants would be helpful

Thank you

Chris

Get answers to your questions about Vilamoura