We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Praia Village

Which Vilamoura hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
reviews: 7
Praia Village

My wife and I are travelling to Vilamoura in May with our eight month old son. We are thinking about booking a private rental apartment in the Praia Village complex, but had a few questions before we booked.

Does anyone know if the Marina is the described 15minutes walk away or is it a bit further? We don't mind walking but will be with pushchair so don't want to be walking too far. Also, are local amenities near by such as a supermarket or are we going to be in secluded area?

Finally, is there a similar complex closer to the Marina / beach which we could consider?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
1. Re: Praia Village

The marina is a 15-20 min. walk according to Google maps.

There's a Alisuper supermarket nearby (8 min. walk) but it's not very well stocked.

If you walk 15 min. there's a bigger supermarket (Spar), with bakery, butcher and even some fish.

I don't find the area of Praia Village very attractive. It's not very alive, many apartments are only used in high season.

From Praia Village to the beach is about 20 min., mostly through an unbuilt open area.

Closer to the Marina is Aquamar apartments.

2. Re: Praia Village

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 26, 2014