We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Tivoli Marina "Being asked to move to Victoria Hotel"

Which Vilamoura hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
Hotel Tivoli Marina "Being asked to move to Victoria Hotel"

Has any one who is going to the Tivoli received an email stating they need to relocate you due to a conference taking over the hotel. We are due to arrive on the 23rd August 2012 until the 6th September. We were informed yesterday. What was the outcome. Any assistance would be good.

merseyside
reviews: 17
1. Re: Hotel Tivoli Marina "Being asked to move to Victoria Hotel"

why should you move? you have booked a room etc etc, if they do move you I would expect serious compensation

Vilamoura, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
2. Re: Hotel Tivoli Marina "Being asked to move to Victoria Hotel"

Not good news I'm afraid. The Victoria hotel is way out of town.

Let them compensate you for an equivalent stay near the Marina, e.g. Lake Resort. I hope they have space.

Vilamoura, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
3. Re: Hotel Tivoli Marina "Being asked to move to Victoria Hotel"

Have you checked the hotel website? It says no rooms on September 3-4-5-6 and 13-14. Insist on your room I would say.

Belfast
reviews: 1
4. Re: Hotel Tivoli Marina "Being asked to move to Victoria Hotel"

Stick to your guns, kick up a stink and demand compensation plus a move to a nearby hotel. Tell them you will raise the issue with the Portuguese Tourist Board and also post it on TA.

derby
5. Re: Hotel Tivoli Marina "Being asked to move to Victoria Hotel"

Don't change hotels due to one email. Tell them you're not prepared to downgrade when it's their fault. My guess is accommodation was available when you booked, but they don't want to turn down the chance of more money from a conference booking, which is why they want you to change. You chose your hotel personally for your needs, so how on earth do they expect you to move. I would only move if they offered you a good upgrade plus compensation for the trauma and inconvenience they have caused you.

6. Re: Hotel Tivoli Marina "Being asked to move to Victoria Hotel"

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, August 27, 2013