We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

economy car rentals

Which Vilamoura hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cardiff, United...
economy car rentals

I have booked a car with the above but am a little worried it is too small for two adults and two children. I booked a ka size car and wonder if anyone has booked with these recently and if it would be possible to wait and see exactly what car I get given and upgrade there and then if possible

Lagos, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Lagos
reviews: 36
1. Re: economy car rentals

Can't help with a comment on the Ford Ka.

However, if I were you I would have a look at the recent threads on the Algarve forum about recent experiences with "cheap/budget" car hire companies at Faro Airport.

It may be wise to spend a bit more and get a car from a reputable company where you can get what you want and have an option for redress if needed.

Leeds & Albufeira
Destination Expert
for Albufeira
reviews: 1
2. Re: economy car rentals

We've used economy car rentals for years and had no real issues. They are brokers and you should have a voucher that will give the name of the company the car will be supplied by. They do book with some of the bigger companies as well.

I'd suggest looking at their policies and, if they have a full to empty policy, ring economy and they will change it for you. You may also be able to ring the company and ask about car sizes. I would think a Ka would be OK for general travel about but may be a problem with luggage - depends how much you take!

If you are not sure give Economy a ring and they will probably be happy to upgrade - if that's what you want.

Please remember that mainly people who have had problems with car hire post on the forum - we don't get may in praise of hire companies but there must be hundreds, if not thousands, of renters who have no issues with car hire

England
reviews: 1
3. Re: economy car rentals

As above I have used them for years (currently have one as we speak/type)never had any issues and would recommend them.

If you want to change the car size they will do it free of charge (as long as you are within a few days of travelling). Discuss it with them and they will be helpful. As mentioned above the only issue size wise would be luggage, if you squeeze it in then passenger wise you should be fine.

4. Re: economy car rentals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 2:09 pm, July 29, 2012
Wolverhampton
5. Re: economy car rentals

If you're using the car to carry your travel luggage, a Ka is most definitely too small.

Wales
reviews: 11
6. Re: economy car rentals

I've used Economy car rentals 4 or 5 times and used them again yesterday to hire a car from Faro airport at what I thought was a bargain price however when the confirmation arrived it was an "off airport" hire meaning a shuttle bus trip to get the car which I didnt want and a full to empty fuel policy. I rarely use a full tank of fuel when I visit Algarve so this was going to be expensive for me. I contacted Economy Car rentals to change to on airport and full to full fuel policy and the price went up by 50% so I cancelled.

I'd be wary of using them again

Cardiff, United...
7. Re: economy car rentals

I am going to upgrade before I go as we are taking 3 cases and this will be a struggle at best. We will look like the clampets arriving in Vilamoura...

Wolverhampton
8. Re: economy car rentals

"Please remember that mainly people who have had problems with car hire post on the forum - we don't get may in praise of hire companies but there must be hundreds, if not thousands, of renters who have no issues with car hire"

Totally agree. What does irritate me is the number of 'one time posters' who come on TA complaining for no other reason than to vent their spleen.

9. Re: economy car rentals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, August 03, 2013