We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amsterdam Centraal to Ibis Budget Amsterdam Airport

Which Badhoevedorp hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lorient, France
Amsterdam Centraal to Ibis Budget Amsterdam Airport

I'm traveling from paris to amsterdam via thalys train. I believe the train will stop at Amsterdam Centraal (if i got it right). And how to travel from Amsterdam Centraal to Ibis Budget Amsterdam Airport hotel? Please help me with this.

10 replies to this topic
Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 62
1. Re: Amsterdam Centraal to Ibis Budget Amsterdam Airport

Take a train from Amsterdam to Schiphol Airport, it takes about 15 minutes. www.9292.nl/en for journey planner and prices, they go at least 4 times an hour during daytime.

The hotel reviews speak of free shuttles so read Ibis' website for more info.

Cecilia

Amsterdam

cile.home.xs4all.nl/travel/amsterdam_tips.htm

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
reviews: 132
2. Re: Amsterdam Centraal to Ibis Budget Amsterdam Airport

Hi there,

1] Exit not at Amsterdam Centraal but at Schiphol station (!), one stop earlier.

2] Take free Ibis shuttle bus outside airport to hotel

There is also a normal bus stand at about 5-10 minutes walk from hotel but the shuttle is free, and usually quick enough...

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Amsterdam, The...
3. Re: Amsterdam Centraal to Ibis Budget Amsterdam Airport

Sorry not awake yet, of course, just get off Thalys at Schiphol.

Cecilia

Amsterdam

cile.home.xs4all.nl/travel/amsterdam_tips.htm

Lorient, France
4. Re: Amsterdam Centraal to Ibis Budget Amsterdam Airport

thank you guys. How can i travel from the hotel back t centraal to coe back to paris? Or can i go to schipol and take the thalys train there? and how can I travel to city center from the hotel?

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
reviews: 132
5. Re: Amsterdam Centraal to Ibis Budget Amsterdam Airport

Hi again,

Trains to Paris again from Schiphol, so first take shuttle bus. And for going to city centre: shuttle bus and then train to centre, takes 20 mins and costs 3.90 euro one way.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Amsterdam, The...
6. Re: Amsterdam Centraal to Ibis Budget Amsterdam Airport

Travelling between Schiphol and Central Station: see reply 1.

Amsterdam, The...
7. Re: Amsterdam Centraal to Ibis Budget Amsterdam Airport

By the way, why are you staying in a hotel at the airport?

Amsterdam, The...
8. Re: Amsterdam Centraal to Ibis Budget Amsterdam Airport

P.S. Look at this map, it may help you understand where Schiphol airport is as opposed to Amsterdam Central Station. http://www.trein-kaart.nl/ (click on the (+) to zoom in.) The red line is where the Thalys goes down to/from Paris. And that Schiphol is *inbetween* Amsterdam and Paris (although not in the middle ;-)).

Edited: 3:26 am, July 18, 2013
Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 74
9. Re: Amsterdam Centraal to Ibis Budget Amsterdam Airport

If you want to go into towm whilst you are staying at the hotel then probably quicker to take a bus. The 197 airport bus from the stop besides MacDonalds will take you past the Museumplein and Leidseplein quicker than the shuttle bus to the airport and then train.

I am guessing you are staying here because it is cheap but if you can, move closer to town especially if you add up the €7 or so return trip into town. If you are staying more than two days or so then you need to get an OV card and put money on it.

Amsterdam, The...
10. Re: Amsterdam Centraal to Ibis Budget Amsterdam Airport

I agree, if you don't need to catch a flight and you can still change your accommodation, then stay in the centre instead. It will save you at least an hour's travel time a day (half an hour each way) and it'll be much nicer to wake up in the city and just walk out and wander around beautiful streets. Amsterdam is perfect for nighttime strolls as well and you don't want to have to keep an eye on train times.

There should be enough cheap options downtown, for example Easyhotel, or a hostel?

Which area to stay in: tripadvisor.com/Travel-g188590-c156882/Amste…

Cheap hotel deals: tripadvisor.com/Travel-g188590-c115136/Amste…

... or just look at booking.com or hostels.com (in case you can still cancel Ibis).

Reply to: Amsterdam Centraal to Ibis Budget Amsterdam Airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Badhoevedorp