We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Turkey excursions from Lindos

Which Lindos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tamworth, United...
Turkey excursions from Lindos

Hey there.

I am going to be going to Lindos for the first time in May.

Basically I wanted to go and see a friend over in Marmaris for the day and was wondering if there was any excursions from Lindos to Marmaris?

any help would be great :)

Wales
reviews: 53
1. Re: Turkey excursions from Lindos

There are excursions, some people went on a day trip with, I think, Thomson when we were in Lambis last May. When we saw them the next day at the pool, they said it wasn't worth the long journey for the short amount of time you actually get in Turkey!

swindon,england
reviews: 76
2. Re: Turkey excursions from Lindos

I have heard the same thing,apparently it's an early start from Lindos and a very long day with very little time to do your own thing in Marmaris.

Wirral
reviews: 3
3. Re: Turkey excursions from Lindos

Hey

Its simply not worth the time, effort n money. As said earlier, its all very rushed and sanitised, ie pre arranged bazarre visits with owners on the payroll. You will wake up the next morming knackered n wonder what it was all about. Dont get me wrong, Turkey is a fantastic country but deserves a visit in its own right for u to appreciate it at yr leisure. When you get away from the stereotypical comments re pushy shop owners n frisky Turkish blokes, you will find them to be warm n personable and as friendly, if not more, than our Greek friends. Try a Gulet for a week or two, perfect.

Anyway, my advice is to do Symi if a day trip is on the agenda.

M

Southampton, United...
reviews: 23
4. Re: Turkey excursions from Lindos

Hi,

We looked at doing exactly the same thing the year before last as we had friends holidaying near Marmaris and thought it would be good to visit them.

We even considered an overnight stay in Turkey and still thought it not worth the effort of travelling to and from Rhodes Town for the boat and then having the sea crossing on top of that for a relatively short time in Turkey and a long time away from Lindos!

Tamworth, United...
5. Re: Turkey excursions from Lindos

Hey everyone.

Thanks for all your replies :)

I will have to keep looking into it as I really wanted to go see my friend in Turkey I may stay the night if needs be, I found on direct ferries there is a ferry that leaves Rhodes at 9am and gets into Marmaris at 9.45am then I can either get the 5pm ferry back or 10am the next day.

What are the buses like to Rhodes from Lindos? I presume there would be one if not how much is like taxi fairs and things.

I love turkey I have been 9 times and going again in September but to Cappadocia, but really looking forward to seeing a friend of mine sooner if I can. This is my first time in Greece, I am a bit nervous as I am going alone yikes, would people say Lindos is pretty safe for a young lady to be travelling alone? what are the must see places to see there and can anyone recommend any restaurants for fussy eaters haha x

Thanks again for all your help guys

Wales
reviews: 53
6. Re: Turkey excursions from Lindos

Yes absolutely it's safe for a woman travelling alone! There are loads of lovely restaurants to suit all tastes and budgets, and all of them have menus outside with prices....but I love Mare Mare on Pallas Beach. The walk up to the Acropolis is well worth the effort for the views, but you can ride a donkey up. The beaches are fab, the food is great and the vibe in the village is lovely...you will liove it!

Crete, Greece
reviews: 1
7. Re: Turkey excursions from Lindos

I would just like to re-iterate what's already been said. It's not worth doing for a day. Believe me, I have been suckered into it twice.

Whilst Lindos is perfectly safe for a single female, I would not say the same for night time in Marmaris so stick with your friend. You've been to Turkey 9 times so I'm probably stating the obvious.

Tamworth, United...
8. Re: Turkey excursions from Lindos

Thanks guys.

I cant find many reviews on the apartments I am stopping in its the Vlycha beach apartments I think its in the old village of Lindos has a big huge hotel right near it. Does anyone know if these apartments are any good?

Also is the old village far from the main Lindos town I have heard there is a steep hill to get up and over to get to it but I presume there will be a regular local bus service maybe?

As for shopping and things are the Greeks as pushy as Turkish to get you in their shops and things? as I want to buy some jewellery but as you know in Turkey they never have prices in the window and try getting you in the shop and feel like you cant leave till you have brought something. Also the same with Greek men I know yes flirting and things but I hope they are not as pushy

Wirral
reviews: 3
9. Re: Turkey excursions from Lindos

Hey

These apartments are located in Vlycha Bay in the municpality of Lindos but not close to Lindos village itself. There is no old town or new town in terms of Lindos village, just the village itself, although there is an area called Krana above the village which has some hotels with pools. Vlycha is simply the next bay along to Lindos Bay separated by a rocky, steep headland. You would be reliant on buses n taxis as it is a long, dangerous, hilly walk on an unpaved busy coastal road up n over into Lindos village. Cant comment on the Vlycha apartments I am afraid.

M

Edited: 2:47 pm, April 22, 2014
Crete, Greece
reviews: 1
10. Re: Turkey excursions from Lindos

Greeks are not nearly as pushy as the Turks. They are probably equally as flirty though ;-)