We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marrying in Lindos...where do i start!!

Which Lindos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
England
Marrying in Lindos...where do i start!!

Hi

We have booked a holiday to Lindos Sept 2006, we would really like to get married there but i'm not sure where to start!

My partner is divorced, so i would like any advice from people who have married abroad.

I would hate to get there and forget something to enable us to marry!

What wedding coordinators would you recommend?

Any websites you would suggest for advice?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Bx

Bradford
1. Re: Marrying in Lindos...where do i start!!

Hi B

The easiest way is to contact a wedding co-ordinator in Lindos (Karen at Lindos Weddings is highly recommended on this forum - lindosweddings@yahoo.com)

The papers you need to get married are:

Birth certificate

Passport

Certificate of no impediment (you get this from your local registry office up to 3 months before your wedding)

Decree Absolute (just to be on the safe side but the certificate of no impediment in effect states you are legally entitled to marry).

These all need translating which can be quite costly, hence the service of a wedding co-ordinator is useful.

Hope you have a fabulous time (we did!).

Cx

newbury
2. Re: Marrying in Lindos...where do i start!!

Hi B,

We're getting married in Lindos next June... there are a few planners who can organise your wedding, including Lindos Weddings, who we have chosen.. some of the major tour operators also organise weddings at St pauls but Lindos Weddings are based out there all summer and know everyone out there, so you can feel rest-assured that it will all go swimmingly. The person you need to talk to is Karen Traynor, email her at lindosweddings@yahoo.co.uk - she'll email you back really quickly with everything you need to know!

Good luck

Claire

Jesus Pobre, Spain
3. Re: Marrying in Lindos...where do i start!!

Hi B,

Karen has got a very good reputation on this and other forums. Her website can be found at www.lindosweddings.com

Good luck.

London
4. Re: Marrying in Lindos...where do i start!!

If you need any help with the paperwork (birth certificates, certificates of no impediment etc), you can contact Theo Kominis who can translate them and also have them legalised at the Foreign Office and certified by the Greek Consulate on your behalf.

I got married last year in Greece and found Theo's services really good.

He can be found on tel: 07951770309 email: tkominis@gmail.com

M.

UK
reviews: 5
5. Re: Marrying in Lindos...where do i start!!

We got married in Lindos using Lindos weddings too. their other website is www.lindosweddings.co.uk we had an amazing day, everything was perfect - karen and laurence at lindos weddings were fab!! we had a champagne boat cruise after the wedding followed by a violinist at our reception. if you want a nosy at our pics, they are on www.emmaandmartin.com then click on pictures. if you've got any questions, ask away!

germany
6. Re: Marrying in Lindos...where do i start!!

Hi,

August and SEPTEMBER are busy months for St.Pauls Bay weddings,keep in mind that your may have to wait in a Line and the ceremony is only symbolic,as you have to return next day to the office and sign the book

There are some other lovley Places and Beaches to get married.

Try another website: www.aya-weddings.com or www.weddings-greece-abroad.com

good Luck

england
7. Re: Marrying in Lindos...where do i start!!

Hi B, We got married last summer and used a company called Exqusite Lindos. There services were first class and could not fault anything. The last post mentioned waiting at the top of the hill at St Pauls Bay. This didnt happen with us as Charlotte the wedding coordinator phoned ahead to her other coordinator who was already at St Pauls Bay with my other half. They make sure the previous wedding has finished before you go to the church so no waiting at all which was great as it was so hot. They have a website www.exquisitelindos.com. My personal option you cant go wrong with this company. Good Luck

8. Re: Marrying in Lindos...where do i start!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 pm, September 01, 2009