We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get to Les Jardins de Givergny from Le Touquet

Which Le Touquet – Paris-Plage hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
How to get to Les Jardins de Givergny from Le Touquet

Im planning to go to Le Touquet for around three days in Summer. Can someone recommend the main highlights there, and how to go to Les Jardins de Givergny from Le Touquet by car, i.e which route to take? Thank you in advance. France

19 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
reviews: 11
1. Re: How to get to Les Jardins de Givergny from Le Touquet

You can get driving directions, fairly realistic times, and estimated costs (fuel and tolls) from www.viamichelin.com but you will need to spell Giverny correctly.

Toronto, Canada
2. Re: How to get to Les Jardins de Givergny from Le Touquet

Thanks a bunch! This will help a lot! France

Toronto, Canada
3. Re: How to get to Les Jardins de Givergny from Le Touquet

Can someone give me specific direction of how to get to Les Jardins de Giverny from Le Touquet, i.e which routes to take? I'm a bit lost with the "viamichelin" map. France

Andrésy, France
reviews: 89
4. Re: How to get to Les Jardins de Givergny from Le Touquet

If you can't cope with the viamichelin map (can't understand why) try google maps.

England
reviews: 21
5. Re: How to get to Les Jardins de Givergny from Le Touquet

[ I'm a bit lost with the "viamichelin" map]

France, for this purpose you don't want the 'map' feature on viamichelin, you want the 'driving directions'. Where it says 'From' on the lh side of the homepage of the website enter Le Touquet, then where it says 'To': enter Giverny. It will give you three alternative driving routes.

The easiest route IMO is to use the A16 and A28 autoroutes to get to Rouen. Then drive through Rouen (which can be slow but is not difficult) following the signs A13 Paris. Then join the A13 autoroute and exit at either junction 17 or 16 for Vernon, which is just to the North of Giverny.

You do not need to use an online map to help you get there. But you would need two paper maps of different scales. One is a highly detailed map (eg scale 1:200,000 or 1:150,000) and the other a more strategic route map (eg 1:1,000,000).

The journey will take at least 3 hours solid driving in each direction. Once you allow for the necessary stops and any traffic delays are likely to be on the road for 7-8 hours or more if you do this on a daytrip (?). That's before you've even seen the Gardens at Giverny.

If you love Monet than this is likely to be worth to you. If not, and since you have only three days in Le Touquet, maybe consider enjoying Le Touquet itself and visit some great local sites nearby (eg Montreuil, St Valery, Cap Griz Nez, etc.).

Edited: 1:27 pm, February 16, 2014
Toronto, Canada
6. Re: How to get to Les Jardins de Givergny from Le Touquet

Thank you soooo much for the very detailed driving directions on how to get to Les Jardins de Giverny from Le Touquet - these will be very helpful! I love Monet a lot but now I wonder if it's worth making that trip since it can take at least 3 hrs both way. However, I'm heading to Deauville after Le Touquet, and wonder if Giverny will be on my way or is it going to be easier to go to Giverny from Deauville? Also, many thanks for the recommended places to visit around Le Touquet - it's very much appreciated! France

England
7. Re: How to get to Les Jardins de Givergny from Le Touquet

Hi again France

Giverny will not at all be on the way between Le Touquet and Deauville. You would again be driving a really long way to visit Giverny and have a tiring day.

But I suggest an alternative Monet site that is at least as exciting as Giverny, and it's only a very short way off your route between Le Touquet and Deauville.

From Le Touquet take the A16, A28 and then A29 autoroutes towards Le Havre (no need to go to Rouen). Then before Le Havre veer off and drive to Etretat for a stopover. Monet painted the cliffs at Etretat and they are beautiful.

…wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Claude_Monet_The_Cl…

To do this you will need the detailed maps that I mentioned in my previous post.

Afterwards make your way back to the A29 autoroute and drive across the fabulous Pont de Normandie bridge on your way to Deauville. And make sure you visit the pretty town of Honfleur either on the way or once you are in Deauville.

Edited: 3:30 pm, February 16, 2014
Chesterfield...
reviews: 17
8. Re: How to get to Les Jardins de Givergny from Le Touquet

From Deauville to Giverny is about 83 miles (with 64 miles of Motorway) and should take around an hour and a half.

England
9. Re: How to get to Les Jardins de Givergny from Le Touquet

According to viamichelin it's about two and a half hours minimum solid driving between Deauville and Giverny, and more depending on route taken.

Doable but not a relaxing day trip.

Toronto, Canada
10. Re: How to get to Les Jardins de Givergny from Le Touquet

Hi Celestica,

Thanks a bunch for all the info and detailed driving directions - they will indeed be very helpful as I'm planning my trip to Le Touquet and Deauville. Good to know that I'll be able to enjoy a little bit of Monet. :)- Yeah, I heard about Honfleur and I agree that it's must see! For sure, I'll obtain the two maps that you mentioned. I checked viamichelin (as you explained earlier) and I could see that Giverny is not on the way between Le Touquet and Deauville. Again, many thanks for all the tips. Bon après-midi de Toronto! France

Reply to: How to get to Les Jardins de Givergny from Le Touquet
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Le Touquet...