We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hilton Malta - a good holiday hotel or not?

Which Saint Julian's hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
northern ireland
reviews: 17
Hilton Malta - a good holiday hotel or not?

Hi. For ages now I have swithered over going to the Hilton. What worries me is that as it is a big conference hotel is it also suitable for a relaxing sun holiday? Do people sunbathe by the pool all day like at "normal" holiday hotels or would this be odd amongst the suits attending conferences? This may be a stupid question but I really would appreciate some input from somebody who knows. Thanks.

Hull, UK
reviews: 10
1. Re: Hilton Malta - a good holiday hotel or not?

Hi,

Holiday hotel?? Absolutely!!!

We returned 3 weeks ago and had the most fabulous week there. Yes there was occasionally a conference on, and a wedding reception too, but the hotel is so enormous and the pool area / grounds so large that you would never know that "suits" were about!!

We spent a couple of days just lazing by the pool all day and it was extremely relaxing, particularly if you use the "adults only" pool.

I would say go ahead and book it, I can't imagine that you would regret it!

northern ireland
2. Re: Hilton Malta - a good holiday hotel or not?

That's great to hear. Thanks very much - I think I will go ahead and book it!

manchester
reviews: 2
3. Re: Hilton Malta - a good holiday hotel or not?

We had a look at a room while we were in malta, I was very impressed. I would like to stay there on time.

northern ireland
4. Re: Hilton Malta - a good holiday hotel or not?

Thanks emerald

manchester
5. Re: Hilton Malta - a good holiday hotel or not?

Hi she1959. Your welcome, I like staying in nice hotels, we stayed in the intercontinental in early may. While we were in malta we had a look at a few more hotels, because we said we will go again. The hilton was great they showed us a sea view room, really nice, but what i really liked about the room was that it had a white tea pot and cups, nice touch. Hope this helps. Cheers.

Taunton
reviews: 16
6. Re: Hilton Malta - a good holiday hotel or not?

Hello

We have stayed at loads of hotels in Malta.

The Hilton is truly excellent. We were out there again last month (i think our fifth time).

The rooms are excellent.

The food, especially the breakfast is fabulous.

The pool area etc are the best on the island.

Would not hesitate to say go for it.

The only downside that I can say about the Hilton is that drinks around the pool or in the bar are very expensive. I do take the attitued thought that this is the norm in almost all high class hotels and also you are on holiday. If you can't blow out and relax about these thngs on holiday then when can you?

Can I suggest searching for rooms using the links on tripadvisor. We have booked at the Hilton using different companies and have always paid massively less than the price using the Hilton website.

Book bed and breakfast.

I think this time we used lowcostholidays?

Have a great time.

Anything else you need to know then please ask.

northern ireland
7. Re: Hilton Malta - a good holiday hotel or not?

Thanks again to all . This information has been very helpful so it looks like I will be heading to Malta!

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 31
8. Re: Hilton Malta - a good holiday hotel or not?

Hi we are here now with 3 other couples at the Hilton and love it! The pool area is beautiful. We have been busy seeing the sights around Malta but planning to spend the day relaxing by the pool tomorrow. There are business people here that we notice at breakfast but this does not impinge on the holiday atmosphere.

manchester
9. Re: Hilton Malta - a good holiday hotel or not?

Hi Jane56. Have a wonderful time, This hotel is on my list for our next malta holiday.

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 31
10. Re: Hilton Malta - a good holiday hotel or not?

Agree with an earlier poster that the drinks at the pool are quite expensive. Also our room was on the marina side (we are in transit now on our way home). It was quite noisy of an evening especially weekends as the restaurant was just below us. We would definitely stay here again though - we would be more mindful of our room requests. Will do a review when we get home.

Get answers to your questions about Saint Julian's