We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Intercontinental, meridien or radisson

Which Saint Julian's hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
reviews: 4
Intercontinental, meridien or radisson

Spent ages narrowing down to three hotels. Please can anyone advise which is the best- Intercontinental, meridien or radisson. Looking for large rooms (as have a travel cot that needs to fit in), and decent pool. Not too far from restaraunts (15 min walk max). Thanks!!

Newcastle
Destination Expert
for Malta, Island of Malta
reviews: 3
1. Re: Intercontinental, meridien or radisson

Can't comment on room size as I haven't stayed at any of the hotels but I can help you re location. The Radisson is the nicest of the 3 hotels, it has a fabulous outlook, right on the point of the bay so great views. It has 3 pools and looks lovely. It is not as central as the other two hotels. You have some restaurants nearby (ones in the hotel and the other two hotels nearby) but to get to the main restaurant area of St Julians there is a 15 - 20 minute walk.

Intercontinental is right next to a busy area with shopping malls and cinema complex across the road and underneath the hotel and with Paceville (nightlife area) just behind it. It is on a main road and I can't imagine it has much space for a pool - is it on the roof? Having said this it is central and you won't have to walk far to restaurants

Le Meridien St Julian's (there is another one in Valletta) is at Balluta Bay, minutes away from restaurants and bars and also on a main bus route. Again not so sure about its pool (Radisson pools definitely the best) It is a large hotel with some rooms with views over the bay. It is slightly set back from the coast road with its lovely promenade

Hope this has been of some help

Sliema, Malta
2. Re: Intercontinental, meridien or radisson

If I were you I would also consider The Westin Dragonara Resort and The Hilton. Both have better pool areas than the chosen 3 (except for the Radisson which has an equally nice pool area but is further away from the good restaurants) and are closer to the restarurants in St Julians area so you'll have less walking with a pushchair on narrow pavements. They are also close to the Sliema promenade where you may enjoy walking by the sea with your baby when it is cool.

Enjoy your holiday!

The Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Saint Julian's
reviews: 63
3. Re: Intercontinental, meridien or radisson

I would also consider the Dragonara since it has the largest rooms of all the hotels and is in a similar price bracket. It is also very child friendly. I have stayed there twice. It has a choice of 3 pools (one indoors) and is better located than the Radisson which is a little remote (especially if you will have a pram. It also has a good selection of onsite restaurants.

The Hilton is also lovely, rooms are smaller and it is significantly more expensive.

Of the 3 you selected Le Meridien is the most ideal location since it is on the edge of St Julians and Sliema, close to the wonderful promenade and a wide choice of restaurants. Although it is on the bus route it is set back from the road so noise will not be a problem. It has a rooftop pool.

UK
4. Re: Intercontinental, meridien or radisson

Thanks for all your replies. I decided to go with theR adisson as i was getting a good deal (<£600 for 7 nights). I did look into both the Hilton (which looks v.nice) and the Westin but they were both a lot more expensive than the Radisson.

5. Re: Intercontinental, meridien or radisson

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:20 am, September 12, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Saint Julian's