We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather

Which Saint Julian's hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
newcastle, uk
Weather

I was just wondering what the weather is like at end March. We have booked to come for a week and I am just unsure what to expect.

Also I am a keen diver - is it totally freezing at this time of year?

Thanks

London, United...
reviews: 1
1. Re: Weather

It seems that weather will be nice this year, more than ever! They've hardly had Winter this year in Malta. I've been there in January and we managed to swim at an outdoor pool (not heated)!! Also, people were at the beach! Scuba-diving is practiced all year round in Malta and Gozo. Maybe our friend Scubapro, who is an expert in this field, will help you more!!

Sandhurst Berks
Destination Expert
for Malta, Qawra
reviews: 40
2. Re: Weather

The sea will still be a bit 'chipper' at the end of march. Expect sea temperatures of about 15-17. Still much warmer than home though. I do dive in a full 3mm but don't really suffer from cold anyway.

For most I would think at least a 5mm and perhaps a hood. Semi perhaps?

Even in the summer you see an awful lot of Brit divers in full dry suits and that's with temperatures of 25++ degrees. My biggest problem then is trying not to boil over waiting for them to kit up!

Most dive operations have wet/dry suit hire so unless you are very picky don't waste your valuable baggage allowance. You are able to hire all of your gear if you want. My preference is that I always take my own regs and computer no matter where in the world I'm diving. In Malta I use all of my own gear.

You are more likely to be held back by the wind but with Malta being a small island if it's windy one side you just go to the other without losing much of your time. The dive operators will know where to go.

NORFOLK
reviews: 4
3. Re: Weather

Hi there...my partner and I have just booked a week in Malta in April..which is later than we normally go..we go March...and November..and this will be our 7th time to malta and we have yet to have bad weather...hope this helps.

Get answers to your questions about Saint Julian's