We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bad experience at Isabella Massage House

Which Nagoya hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Bad experience at Isabella Massage House

Visitors to Batam should watch out for places like Isabella Massage House, where they heavily overprice their products/services and take advantage of tourists. I hope my experience can help you make a better choice and plan for a better trip.

I made this parlour a must-visit on my list, after reading online reviews. Please do not make the same mistake I did. I intend to put this on various sites so more people know.

I paid 340.000IDR (42SGD) for a 1.5hr foot, hand and shoulder reflexology per person. It was my partner and I, so that's a whopping 84SGD! The massage itself, I felt only rates a 7/10. You can find cheaper, better massages in Singapore.

I called Isabella Massage House from my hotel and their free shuttle picked me up in 20mins. Awesome! When we got there, 4-5 ladies came out to greet us, but I was shocked to see the price list. Still, I went ahead with it. The reviews can't be that off, right? Also I had taken their transport there; I felt bad to back out.

The lady at the counter was pushy with the 990.000IDR (125SGD) 3hr couple massage, but I wasn't prepared to spend so much. I was eyeing the 4 hand 2 person massage, but it costs 570.000IDR (70SGD) for 1.5hrs. Ridiculous! So I chose the cheapest and shortest. Immediately their faces changed. It was my last day in Batam; based n reviews I set aside only 500.000IDR for massage. While we rummaged our wallets for cash, the ladies gave us a dirty look. I apologised and told them tactfully I had seen a different price list online.

My partner and I were put in a room where the air conditioning wasn't working properly. Even the masseuses commented on the temperature. They were pretty skilled but the whole time, I could hardly breathe in the stuffy room and kept thinking how I was so blatantly ripped off.

After the massage, I walked to Eska where the counter lady greeted me warmly. I told her I just had a massage and wanted to see prices and still smiling, she gave me a brochure with their complete price list, telling me I could keep it and come another time. A 4 hand 2 person massage starts from 1hr at only 160.000IDR (21SGD).

I should have just paid Isabella for the 5min taxi ride and hopped down to Eska for a better experience.

21 replies to this topic
Batam, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Batam
reviews: 18
1. Re: Bad experience at Isabella Massage House

Sorry you had to experience such service in Batam and thanks for sharing. I for one have never been a fan of Isabella because I don't think it's value for money for what you get there; be it service standards or room decor. A bit outdated imo. Hope you have a better experience next time. Hit me up when you wanna come again.

cheeerrsss

Batam, Indonesia
2. Re: Bad experience at Isabella Massage House

i don't find isabella really that disappointing , they are quite ok as in skill , still their price are standard for a tourist spot throughout Batam .

as for Eska , i believe you got the price wrong , it's Rp260.000 for one hour .

batam
3. Re: Bad experience at Isabella Massage House

Next time you can try at relax massage , just opposite of Formosa hotel and lucky plaza , nagoya, for 1.5 hours is only Rp. 90,000.

batam
4. Re: Bad experience at Isabella Massage House

Many Singaporean who stay long time in Batam know that relax massage as a good and budget massage parlour

Batam, Indonesia
5. Re: Bad experience at Isabella Massage House

for high class massage , go to Indothai or Spa Secret .

if you just want a normal massage , which you can get at Singapore at the same sort of skill , go for Relax Massage .

Singapore, Singapore
6. Re: Bad experience at Isabella Massage House

Awesome, I'll be sure to try those next time! I walked past those massage parlours, but didn't get their pricing. I heard about Sport Massage Centre, my friend keeps recommending that one.

Batam, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Batam
7. Re: Bad experience at Isabella Massage House

Sports has good skills... but you probably need to walk 15 mins or so from Nagoya hill.

cheerrss

Singapore, Singapore
8. Re: Bad experience at Isabella Massage House

That won't be a problem! During my trip I walked everywhere, from GGi Hotel to Nagoya, to Novotel and Jodoh Boulevard, we wanted to explore. The only problem was finding a map; I searched the ferry terminals, newsstands, convenience stores, couldn't find any. Otherwise I could have explored a lot more!

I'll definitely contact you the next time I plan to go to Batam :)

Batam, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Batam
9. Re: Bad experience at Isabella Massage House

Wow.. such an explorer... hhahaa... I think I only went Jodoh Boulevard once or twice so far! hahaha...

Anyway, yeah sure... hit me up when you are in Nagoya. I am usually available for lunch or dinner.

Cheerrs

Batam, Indonesia
10. Re: Bad experience at Isabella Massage House

maps can be found from Karisma book store in malls . Gramedia also sells them .

Jodoh Boulevard is safe visit during day time , never visit that place when the sun sets .

Reply to: Bad experience at Isabella Massage House
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted