We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train from Foix/Toulouse to Girona

Which Foix hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 1
Train from Foix/Toulouse to Girona

I was looking for ways to get from Foix to Girona. (July 2012)

In the end i caught a 9am train to Toulouse. Then I left Toulouse at 12 and caught a train onto Narbonne arriving at 13.30 (via Carcassonne) and had to wait there until 18.30.

Narbonne is nice, coming out of the train station turn right towards the bus station (incidentally it was closed from 12.00-14.30!!) and the town centre is marked with signs off to your left.

From Narbonne I caught the TGV to Figueres it was quite expensive €30+ and then a very comfortable spanish train to Girona at 19.56 (€14) which also continues on to Barcelona.

A long days travelling. Like i said i was very impressed with the Spanish train.

Edited: 6:08 pm, July 30, 2012
1 reply
Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
reviews: 19
1. Re: Train from Foix/Toulouse to Girona

I'm pleased you found Narbonne a nice place. Last time I had to wait there I got no further than the pub across the road from the station.

You probably won't thank me for this, but while you were waiting, local TER trains left Narbonne for the border station of Portbou (running via the old line) and unless it was a Sunday, at 1353 and 1553 arriving in Portbou at 1524 and 1724 respectively.

Connecting trains left Portbou for Girona at 1603 and 1733, arriving there an hour later.

This is an option often overlooked, as many automatically think TGV, but with only two a day currently via the new route it's one that shouldn't be passed by just yet.

Also, you could have gone via the really scenic route Foix - Latour de Carol - Barcelona - Girona but that's another essay.

Reply to: Train from Foix/Toulouse to Girona
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted