We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clippers quay travel??

Which Marne-la-Vallee hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Clippers quay travel??

Hi as anybody used these to book a Disney trip?? We normally go in march an stay at the cheyenne but it s proving very expensive as the kids under 12 offer seems not to be on the, I wonder f they will have a flash sale on soon???? This company seems to be offering good deals on the explorer an includes meal vouchers which Disney don't do which is why I'm a bit dubious?

52 replies to this topic
New Forest National...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
reviews: 84
1. Re: Clippers quay travel??

Hi Abbi,

The Explorers has its own meal plan, separate to the Disney one, which includes the restaurant in that hotel, and the non Disney ones in the Village. You can read about it on the Explorer's website, so don't be worried about that.

People have asked about Clippers Quay Travel in the past, and as far as I know they are legit, but not necessarily recommended. They used to be under a different name - I'm trying to remember what is was known as before!

See this comment from 2008.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g226865-d1…

The next Disney offer is expected to be released on 30th October, but can't say what it will be.

Edited: 6:56 am, October 19, 2012
New Forest National...
Destination Expert
2. Re: Clippers quay travel??

I came across magicmakersdirect.com, whose website looks very much like disneylandparisdirect.com

http://www.magicmakersdirect.com/

See this thread where gobby booked a trip with Clippers Quay in March 2011. That is when I first heard of them under that name. You could send them a PM asking how their trip went ( I havn't checked our TR thread yet, so see if they wrote one ).

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g226865-i2224-k4…

New Forest National...
Destination Expert
3. Re: Clippers quay travel??

Clippers Quay Travel also operate disneylandparisdirect.com - look at the bottom of the website page.

www.disneylandparisdirect.com/…

So they may also operate magicmakersdirect.com as the websites are almost identical in design.

Quite a few of our posters and also other DLP forums posters have used disneylandparisdirect.com for cheaper prices than Disney quote. They seem legit and safe to book with.

Edited: 7:21 am, October 19, 2012
New Forest National...
Destination Expert
4. Re: Clippers quay travel??

Yep - look at their ' about us ' page

http://www.magicmakersdirect.com/aboutus.asp

Clippers Quay are the parent company, trading since 1988.

New Forest National...
Destination Expert
5. Re: Clippers quay travel??

We have a thread about disneylandparisdirect.com

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g226865-i2224-k4…

Edited: 7:27 am, October 19, 2012
6. Re: Clippers quay travel??

Thanks FIggy I'm going to hold out until the end of the month and see what they are offering in the sale an if there is nothing suitable I will take the plunge and book using them

London
7. Re: Clippers quay travel??

Yes, they are all the same company!!:-

Magic makers direct

Clippers quay travel

Disneyland paris direct

Enter the Magic

The websites ALL look the same BUT are under different domain names, BUT all have the same ABTA number, trying to fool us all I think, they do NOT have a good reputation, from the things I have been reading on Tripadvisor!

London, England...
8. Re: Clippers quay travel??

Clippers Quay Travel is a good company, I have used them every year and sometimes twice a year. I've never had a problem with them and the staff are VERY helpful. Yes Clippers Quay Travel has a few websites and they cannot all have the same domain name as this simply can not happen (20 Disney Fan).

Clippers Quay Travel is Disney's main agent in the UK and has been for the past 20 years this will explain why they do have so many different websites.

Edited: 12:45 pm, October 28, 2012
London, United...
reviews: 1
9. Re: Clippers quay travel??

It doesn't explain why they have so many websites?? Why advertise so many different sites under the same ABTA, I think u'll find they are not Disney's main agent in the Uk, World Travellers are excellent and I have booked with idisney, who are more competetive BUT only have 1 website. Just doesn't make sense to have all those different sites for the same company!?

New Forest National...
Destination Expert
10. Re: Clippers quay travel??

Thomas Cook is one of Disney's main agents, and if you phone Disney to book outside their operating hours or when phone lines are very busy you may be transferred to Fleetway Travel, which happened to me once.

I havn't heard that Clippers Quay are a preferred Disney Agent.

Reply to: Clippers quay travel??
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted