We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kohala Ranch vs Estates advice

United Kingdom
reviews: 3
Kohala Ranch vs Estates advice

Originally I was interested in Kailua-Kona, but now I'm looking around Kohala after reading about vog in K-K. I have found a nice place in Kohala Ranch VRBO 207907 (heated pool & hot tub, but no air-conditioning) & have asked about, but no reply yet, another in Kohala Estates VRBO 302330 (also heated pool, hot tub & one bedroom a/c). I'm concerned about the lack of a/c for the Ranch property, but maybe that wouldn't be an issue at 1800 feet & during late April/early May? It also sounds a bit isolated, far from grocery & restaurants, also dark steep roads to drive at night. We plan to cook ourselves, but also would like to go out to dinner a few times as well. We like the beach, but don't need to be super close. Thanks!

Fort Worth, Texas
21. Re: Kohala Ranch vs Estates advice

Wanderlust, KK-

There were no issues with the Dive Shop in our opinon. They had one Dive session and the Shop gave us sufficient notice, while reminding us we could have a free dive lesson. There is a separate drive and steps to the pool , which is to the side of the house. Also the noise level was low.

The owners (Greg, Rebekah) of the shop and the house were there at the same time as the session, but they were installing new patio furniture. One of the people getting a lesson asked to use the restroom at the house and Rebekah told her no because the house was occupied and off limits.

KK-

Thanks for the info about Waikoloa: good to know.

J

Edited: 9:19 am, May 08, 2013
Fort Worth, Texas
22. Re: Kohala Ranch vs Estates advice

We will be back in Kohala soon!

Aloha

JE

23. Re: Kohala Ranch vs Estates advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 10, 2014