We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wind on the North Side

Which North Side hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego...
Wind on the North Side

I'm considering staying on the North Side/Rum Pt. area the first week in April. I've heard it can be very windy that time of year. Can someone tell me if it's windy all the time? How strong is the wind? Is it ever calm?

Thank you

Mount Tabor, New...
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
reviews: 18
1. Re: Wind on the North Side

Jan through early March has a risk of some very windy days. April, not so much. Some of the best weather then IMO.

Edited: 5:54 pm, January 21, 2012
Macomb, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
reviews: 1
2. Re: Wind on the North Side

I would not consider the possible wind to be a problem in April.

reviews: 5
3. Re: Wind on the North Side

Stayed on Northside last week Feb into early March twice. Windy two days out of 7 on the average. Still could snorkel, but kayaks were not usable. Never considered that a big problem. It is va-ca-tion, so adjust is my motto when in the Caymans!

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, East End
reviews: 1
4. Re: Wind on the North Side

Like others said don't worry about the wind in April. Great time to go.

B.

Knoxville, Tennessee
reviews: 21
5. Re: Wind on the North Side

It was a bit windy on the East End last week, not so much at Rum Point, South Sound, and SMB. Really didn't bother us. A little bigger waves but it didn't hamper our snorkeling nor did it make it uncomfortable to be lounging on the beach.

6. Re: Wind on the North Side

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:30 am, April 29, 2013