We will be visiting the park in early July. We will leave from Gold Beach, OR on the morning of July 5, plan to stay one night (7/6) in Euraka/Acata/ Trinidad, will have to reach San Francisco on the evening of July 7. Can anyone please advice must-see places in the park during this short visit? We like hiking and we’ve been to quite a few places have big trees: Mariposa Grove of Giant Sequoias, Hoh Rain Forest, and Ecola State Park. At the moment, my list has the following:
1. Stout Grove, Jedediah Smith Redwoods State Park
2. Howland Hill Road , Jedediah Smith Redwoods State Park
3. The big tree loop, Prairie Creek Redwoods State Park
4. Lady Bird Johnson grove, Redwood National Park
5. Avenue of the Giants, Humboldt Redwoods State Park
And also, will the area be foggy during that time of the year?
Thanks in advance!