We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seafood lunches

morris, ct
reviews: 12
Seafood lunches

Looking for good seafood restaurants for lunch in late Jan./early Feb. We've eaten @ Sears Landing, but they will be closed most of the time we are visiting. Any suggestions? We will drive an hour if the food is great! Thanks!!!!

Topsail Island, NC
reviews: 33
1. Re: Seafood lunches

You might want to go off the beaten path and head to Sneads Ferry to the Riverview Cafe, located at 119 Hall Point Road, Sneads Ferry, NC 28460. The food there is very good and it's where a lot of locals eat. The website is http://www.riverviewcafe.net

Their dinner menu is on their website but there is a lunch menu too that has very reasonable prices. There are also daily specials for both lunch and dinner.

Edited: 1:39 pm, January 12, 2013
In the Country, NY
Destination Expert
for Surf City
reviews: 60
2. Re: Seafood lunches

Too bad about Sears Landing, one of my favorites!

I've had a good fish sandwich at Buddies in Surf City, this was during the summer, not sure of their hours now. Conniecat is right about The Riverview, it is very popular! We also like Ricks and Maddisons (buffet) in Sneads Ferry.

Get back to us and let us know what you found!

morris, ct
3. Re: Seafood lunches

We did eat at Madisons and Ricks last trip and enjoyed their food... Sears Landing was a notch above, foodwise and location-wise. We will try to get there before they close and at least have one meal :)... I really liked their fried corn on the cob!!! I know many places will be closed because we are going out of season... but it will be a peaceful respite for us! And we hope warmer than CT!!!

Johnson City...
reviews: 8
4. Re: Seafood lunches

I also enjoy Sears Landing.....the coconut crab soup yummo and their "special" sauces really compliment the seafood. The Riverview was our first recommendation for seafood.(please read my tripadvisor review).

Besides good eats it is a fun drive.A further drive located in Wilmington is Fish Bites...excellent seafood...I always have a very difficult time deciding what to order. We usually go for lunch and a drive to Wilmington when it rains. Enjoy you peaceful respite on Topsail.

The sound of the ocean conforts me.

morris, ct
5. Re: Seafood lunches

Thanks for the responses... we are willing to drive... preferably less than 2 hours each way. We went to Wilmington and New Bern last time we were in NC and plan to do so again. I am a seafood lover, and like trying the local dishes. I am counting down the days until we leave :)!

6. Re: Seafood lunches

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, January 17, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Topsail Island
Recent Conversations