We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blackwater River Cruises

Which Youghal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Winnipeg, Canada
reviews: 3
Blackwater River Cruises

Does anyone know what time(s) of day the Blackwater River Cruises run? I hope to be in Youghal in July, but might not arrive until later in the day. Do they have evening cruises? Their website doesn't list times.

2 replies to this topic
Mayo
reviews: 28
1. Re: Blackwater River Cruises

The cruises are subject to the tides , you will have to check locally wen you get there , or give them a ring

Dungarvan, Ireland
reviews: 1
2. Re: Blackwater River Cruises

I've been on this trip with my kids a few times and it's thoroughly enjoyable. Luckily for me, I live in Co. Waterford, so I get to go every summer. The river is majestic and it's easy to see why so many chieftains and lords chose to build their castles and forts on the banks.

Although it's not mentioned on the website, you can do an extended trip, if agreed in advance with Tony the captain, right up to Cappoquin. Now that is a very nice trip indeed, as you pass by Dromana House, Strancally Castle etc. The trips are still running at the moment (probably as we are having an Indian summer at the moment), so you can still get out until the end of the September or so.

There is a very nice video on the website, which brings back a few memories of trips over the years and really shows off the beauty of the river.

Reply to: Blackwater River Cruises
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Youghal