We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

B&B near Gregans Castle

Which Ballyvaughan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 2
B&B near Gregans Castle

Would anyone if there's a B&B within walking distance of Gregans Castle? Would love to go for dinner here, but unfortunately can't afford to stay too! Thanks.

5 replies to this topic
Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
reviews: 232
1. Re: B&B near Gregans Castle

I don't recall any within walking distance, the nearest village being Ballyvaughan which is a good 3 miles away. The Corkscrew hill area is quite a remote part of Ballyvaughan.

Also the road along which Gregans castle is located is busy with no footpath, and I would be slow to walk any distance on it particularly when it is darker.

When we stayed there, I walked the road twice, and had to keep squishing into the hedgerow in order that I would not add to the road kill stats in County Clare !!

A good idea might be to base yourself in Ballyvaughan and arrange a lift to/from Gregans castle from there. Ballyvaughan is a lovely village, and will have a number of B&B options.

irishtaxicabs.ie/taxicabs-taxis-ballyvaughan…

Edited: 2:47 am, July 09, 2013
Fanore, County Clare
2. Re: B&B near Gregans Castle

Look at discoverballyvaughan.com for bed and breakfasts .The closest one woulld be Burrenview but it is a long walk to Gregans from there.As Bryno says the road is narrow and people drive it at speed.You could ask your host to give you a lift for a small charge

3. Re: B&B near Gregans Castle

Thanks for the advice. I thought a relaxing stroll would be nice to walk off the 6 course menu, but sounds like I'd be safer getting a cab back to Ballyvaughan, then going for a walk there. Sounds lovely. Any other restaurant recommendations? Might stay a few days. Many thanks.

Fanore, County Clare
4. Re: B&B near Gregans Castle

An Fulacht Fia on the Ballyvaughan /Fanore road is a fine dining restaurant,lunch or afternoon tea in the Tea Rooms, Ballyvauaghan, L'Arco Italian restaurant in Ballyvaughan or Vasco retaurant in Fanore, Wild Honey Inn in Lisdoonvarna

5. Re: B&B near Gregans Castle

Thanks for that. Reading the reviews of the places you mentioned, it sound like a real foodie area. I think I'll have to stay aweek

Reply to: B&B near Gregans Castle
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted