We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vacations in Athlone

Which Athlone hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Campinas, SP
Vacations in Athlone

Hi!

I intend to take this vacations to rest, because my boyfriend is working at Athlone.

As Chuck3707 in my other question said, and I searched too, that isn't to many things to do in this town.

Is that correct? What do you suggest I can do in my vacations? It can be in the cities nearby. Thanks!

15 replies to this topic
Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney, Berny Riviere
reviews: 37
11. Re: Vacations in Athlone

Keza, have you looked at distances and times from Athlone??? Check out this website http://routes.aaireland.ie/

Limerick isn't down the road and Cappamore is further out. Based on the above website, Cappamore is 84 miles and over 2 hours drive from Athlone.

Donegal is 112 miles and almost 3 hours drive from Athlone.

If you haven't booked accommodation, please have a rethink.

Busselton, Australia
reviews: 174
12. Re: Vacations in Athlone

Might give the bikes a miss last time I was on one my hubby stopped trying to get up a hill and I ran into him and broke my shoulder!!! Good train station close and what about hiring a car it that another possibility?

Busselton, Australia
reviews: 174
13. Re: Vacations in Athlone

Lol you make me laugh 112 miles is nothing here in Australia. I go up to Perth which is a 3 hour drive and do shopping and then turn around and come home. Our accommodation is booked and I am sure those little distances will not be a worry. When we go and visit out daughter it is 9 hours straight albiet a lunch break in the middle!!!

Loughrea, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Loughrea, Southport, Clifden
reviews: 30
14. Re: Vacations in Athlone

And my uncle used to drive road trains for a living in Aus but no more than 200miles a day back here.

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney, Berny Riviere
reviews: 37
15. Re: Vacations in Athlone

Time will tell, Tony. Time will tell ;o)

Reply to: Vacations in Athlone
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted