We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Titanic Tour

Which Cobh hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bloomfield Hills...
Titanic Tour

At the end of our 1st Ireland trip we are traveling from Adare Manor down to Cohb (have a 9 yo who is Titanic crazy) for the Titanic Tour before heading back to Dublin. 2 Questions.

What is the walking tour like?

What is the drive from Cohb to Dublin like? how long will it take and is there any sights we should see on that leg of the drive?

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
reviews: 209
1. Re: Titanic Tour

I did the walking tour last year. It was good. I would not have thought it for a 9 year old, as it's not all about Titanic. If the 9 yo is crazy about Titanic then maybe it would be a good choice.

There were four of us on the tour me + partner and 2 UK visitors. The guide was informative.

The only thing I didn't like about the tour was that we were brought to a pub at the end for a complimentary drink. The pub was dreadful and the customers there - very scary !!! It's one of those places where everyone stops talking when you enter. I didn't like it at all, felt edgy, gulped my 'freebie' and legged it at the earliest opportunity.

I think your 9YO might enjoy, just make sure s/he has plenty of questions to keep the guide on his toes!

Libertyville...
reviews: 34
2. Re: Titanic Tour

Hi, On your next trip to Ireland, you can take your son to Belfast, where the Titanic was built & launched!

Cavan
Destination Expert
for County Cavan
reviews: 35
3. Re: Titanic Tour

I agree with the above, Belfast is the best place to take the Titanic tour. Built in Harland & Wolf shipyard Belfast there is a dedicated exhibition centre, you get to see exactly where and how the great ship was built.

Belfast, United...
reviews: 21
4. Re: Titanic Tour

The dedicated exhibition centre is still under construction. Meanwhile the pump house at Thompson Dock is open and there are exhibits at the Ulster Folk & Transport Museum.

Bloomfield Hills...
5. Re: Titanic Tour

Thanks for all info, Belfast will have to wait. any ideas on the drive from Cohb back to Dublin? or the trip from Adare to Cohb?

Belfast, United...
reviews: 21
6. Re: Titanic Tour

Come to Belfast after Easter 2012, the 100th anniversary.

Loughrea, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Loughrea, Southport, Clifden
reviews: 26
7. Re: Titanic Tour

Sorry Bryno you got it wrong the scary pubs are the ones where nobody stops talking and everyone ignores you.

Florida
reviews: 27
8. Re: Titanic Tour

We were in Cobh in June.. but missed the tour. We did see the Titanic monument on the street. Check out the QUEENSTOWN STORY for your son. I've also been fascinated by her ( Titanic) since I was about your son's age. Remind him that she didn't dock in Cobh, but rather had the people tendered out to her.

Ellen

Edited: 7:51 pm, August 09, 2010
Rye, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Dover, Rye
reviews: 39
9. Re: Titanic Tour

Oh yes, the Queenstown Story is very interesting and atmosphic I found (perhaps it was because I was there in January in freezing fog added to the latter). I found it very interesting and definetely worth a visit :) I didnt do the Titanic tour so can't comment on it.

10. Re: Titanic Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 07, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Cobh