We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

flights and prices from Boston to Shannon

Which Shannon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston
reviews: 24
flights and prices from Boston to Shannon

My cousin and I are returning to Ireland in late March for a week's visit and I was stunned by both the prices and irregular schedules for flights from Boston, Mass to Shannon and return. Should I wait until after January 1st and recheck prices? Last time I went, my ticket was much closer to $500 than $800! Secondly, does anyone know if the schedules might open up to allow a non-stop from Boston to Shannon? I could only find flights with layovers in NYC etc and again, on my last trip (about 5 years ago), it was a quick non-stop.

I understand that the changes in the airline business have reeked havoc with schedules but I am hoping someone here can "assure" me that the prices might drop and that we might be able to fly non-stop from Boston. Thanks all!

Maine
reviews: 3
1. Re: flights and prices from Boston to Shannon

Prices have been high , except for last minute travel deals. Aer Lingus has a direct flight from Boston to Shannon, but not 7 days a week. Try a travel self drive package that includes airfare, and you will get lower airline costs. The cost of fuel as you may have noticed has been rising andhas a direct impact on air costs.If you deal with travel agent you will find they have more lodging options than they list on line.......

Libertyville...
reviews: 33
2. Re: flights and prices from Boston to Shannon

Aer Lingus flights BOS-SNN and JFK-SNN are seasonal, and they begin on Mar. 27. For BOS, it will be Tue/Thur/Sat. only.

So if you're flying Aer Lingus, you'll have to fly into DUB and (maybe) out of SNN.

Just checked Aer Lingus website - looks like about $500 for round-trip BOS-DUB, in late March. Also $500 for flying into DUB and out of SNN.These are good prices, in my opinion.

Boston
3. Re: flights and prices from Boston to Shannon

Trin- you saw those prices on AL? I went on there just hours ago and it separated out the two parts to the trip but the combined totals I saw were well over $700! I will have to look again. I also punched in the 28th and found no direct trips from BOS to SNN. I'll have to wait a week and look again. Thanks

Libertyville...
reviews: 33
4. Re: flights and prices from Boston to Shannon

Sorry, thought you were travelling entirely in March - I entered Mar. 23 - Mar.31.

Still about $500 for those dates - prices shoot up in April!

Nebraska
5. Re: flights and prices from Boston to Shannon

I recently booked AL from BOS to SNN on June 4, return June 18th for my wife and I with a fare of $581 through Orbitz. Luck of the Irish, me thinks.

Boston
6. Re: flights and prices from Boston to Shannon

Thanks. I'll have to wait a bit I think then try all the sites again. I don't hear great things about booking through the Travelocity type sites in the event you need to change things so I am leaning towards either United or Aer Lingus direct. I have some work and elderly parent conflicts that might require me to re-book and I don't think that's easy through Travelocity. We shall see how lucky the Irish part of me is!

7. Re: flights and prices from Boston to Shannon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, June 12, 2011