We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fungi dolphin in Dingle

Which Dingle hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Potomac,MD
reviews: 10
Fungi dolphin in Dingle

Hi I like to know are there still a tour in Dingle to see Fungi the Dolphin? Any information about this tour?

Reno, Nevada
reviews: 164
1. Re: Fungi dolphin in Dingle

We just saw Fungi a few weeks ago. Stop at the tourist office in town by the piers.

http://www.dingle-region.com/fungi.htm

Ventry, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle Peninsula
reviews: 94
2. Re: Fungi dolphin in Dingle

Yes, just book at the office on the pier beside the Tourist Centre. I think it currently costs €18. But here's a little tip. If you book for the Harbour Tour at the Marina, you can get that for €10 and will still see Fungie

england
reviews: 8
3. Re: Fungi dolphin in Dingle

Or you can save your cash and walk out to the point along a footpath that starts behind the Skelligs hotel. Its a pleasant walk althouth a bit muddy in places, sit out at the point and watch Fungi for as long as you like.

Reno, Nevada
reviews: 164
4. Re: Fungi dolphin in Dingle

Dolphins like to play in the wake created alongside a boat. Watch alongside and just behind the motorboats and you are likely to spot him (them). Our trip had a Coast Guard boat run up along side us and "Fungi" liked to play in between the two boats.

Aurora, IL, USA
reviews: 115
5. Re: Fungi dolphin in Dingle

We've done the "Fungie Boat Ride" before and saw Fungie, but only after several other boats helped stir him to the surface. My wife took the "Dingle Harbor Boat Ride" last month and Fungie swam alongside their boat about 30 of the 60 minutes of the tour, plus she said the tour guide on the "Dingle Harbor Boat Ride" was fantastic with all the info he knew about the area and how well and enthusiastically he explained it.

Tickets are available right at the Harbor Tours counter at the Fungie statue. If you want a couple photos of the ticket counter let me know at yerwan1@aol.com as I took a couple photos last month.

Loughrea, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Loughrea, Southport, Clifden
reviews: 30
6. Re: Fungi dolphin in Dingle

"but only after several other boats helped stir him to the surface" Poor old soul hasn't had a day off for the last 30 years. Try a trip to the Blasket Islands @ €30 its a better value all round package and you will have just as much chance of seeing the Dolphin.

If you want to see more than one solo Dolphin consider going out from Carrigaholt or Kilkee around Loop Head in Clare

Dingle, Ireland
reviews: 6
7. Re: Fungi dolphin in Dingle

Actually tony2phones it is an experience to see Fungi..

And of course he can be unpredictable .. like you or me

I have gone out on about 60 boat trips and I have seen him on every boat trip

Ventry, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle Peninsula
8. Re: Fungi dolphin in Dingle

And with some great footage and photos to prove it, Dingle999

Loughrea, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Loughrea, Southport, Clifden
reviews: 30
9. Re: Fungi dolphin in Dingle

Saw him before he was famous (possibly even pre 83) back in the days when Dingle was a fishing port and we used to go down for the Shark and Skate fishing, Walk the hills and give the EU a hard time about the CAFP Anglo Irish culchies having the craic with the locals a very few other outdoorsy tourists.

Ventry, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle Peninsula
10. Re: Fungi dolphin in Dingle

Dingle is still a fishing port (third largest after Killybegs and Castletownbere)

You can still go fishing for shark, skate and a lot more besides

The hills are still there (as is the EU)

So nothing has changed Tony (except you perhaps?)

Edited: 7:32 am, June 19, 2013