We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Distillery in Dingle

Which Dingle hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ventry, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle Peninsula
reviews: 95
New Distillery in Dingle

Dingle has new artisan distillery that has set up at Milltown just at the western end of the town (It's in the old Fitzgerald's saw mill)

The venture, which is only one of four working distilleries on the island of Ireland, and the only artisan distillery, is producing just two casks per day and these are being sold under a "founding fathers" scheme. It is owned by the same people behind the Porterhouse brew pub in Dublin

The plan is to produce a quality single malt, and I understand that it will facilitate visits in the near(ish) future

http://www.dingledistillery.ie/

Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle
reviews: 72
1. Re: New Distillery in Dingle

Excellent news!

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
reviews: 38
2. Re: New Distillery in Dingle

Sounds fun!! I'd love to visit on our next trip down that way.

A Dingle Whiskey Ice Cream could be interesting too :o)

Cavan
Destination Expert
for County Cavan
reviews: 38
3. Re: New Distillery in Dingle

They appear to be on a winner, I am sure that it will take off as an investment opportunity. I have heard that the head distiller comes from one of the best Scotch whisky distilleries and brings with him a good reputation.He certainly wouldn't have taken on this venture if he didn't think it would work.

Ventry, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle Peninsula
4. Re: New Distillery in Dingle

Apparently they plan to produce vodka and gin using "local botanicals" too,

Preston, United...
reviews: 16
5. Re: New Distillery in Dingle

I hope this place is open for visits by the time we get there in June.

Martin.

Ventry, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle Peninsula
6. Re: New Distillery in Dingle

The visitor centre will be part of Phase 2 of the development which will not be started until 2014, I believe.

However, if you poke your head in while passing next June, there might be something to see. Certainly the three great copper stills look very impressive

Edited: 9:53 am, November 22, 2012
Fredericksburg, Va
Destination Expert
for Fredericksburg
reviews: 122
7. Re: New Distillery in Dingle

Hello, and a Happy Thanksgiving to you too, soonas. Thanks for the news. I've never met a distillery I didn't like.

Ventry, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle Peninsula
8. Re: New Distillery in Dingle

That's the spirit!

Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 2
9. Re: New Distillery in Dingle

Hello from Dingle Distillery and thank you for all your good wishes.

We would be delighted to show you around when passing by, just email fiona@dingledistillery.ie or mary@dingledistillery.ie and we will be more than happy to facilitate. We have begun production on Gin and Vodka already and have just begun stocking bars with our product (as of yesterday December 4th 2012) so its all still a bit new and fresh but I can tell you we are so so excited! Drop by for a visit. More info on www.dinglefoundingfathers.ie and www.dingledistillery.ie

Slainte!

Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 2
10. Re: New Distillery in Dingle

Hello from Dingle Distillery and thank you for all your good wishes. We would be delighted to show you around when passing by, just email fiona@dingledistillery.ie or mary@dingledistillery.ie and we will be more than happy to facilitate. We have begun production on Gin and Vodka already and have just begun stocking bars with our product (as of yesterday December 4th 2012) so its all still a bit new and fresh but I can tell you we are so so excited! Drop by for a visit. More info on www.dinglefoundingfathers.ie and www.dingledistillery.ie

Slainte!