We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ferry from galway to dingle

Which Dingle hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
South Bend, Indiana
reviews: 3
ferry from galway to dingle

I was told there was a ferry from galway to dingle but can't locate any information. Any assistance would be most appreciated. Thank you

Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle
reviews: 72
1. Re: ferry from galway to dingle

Not from Galway, it's form Tarbert to Kilimer,often used by people travelling that way.

Merced, California
Destination Expert
for Killarney
reviews: 44
2. Re: ferry from galway to dingle

Welcome to TA and sorry to tell you that there is no ferry.

Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle
reviews: 72
3. Re: ferry from galway to dingle

http://www.shannonferries.com/

Loughrea, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Loughrea, Southport, Clifden
reviews: 33
4. Re: ferry from galway to dingle

Unfortunately some guide books forget that there are a couple of counties called Clare and Limerick in between Galway (county Galway) and Dingle (county Kerry).

Harvey has given the link for the Shannon ferry but there is the option of the Tunnel bypassing Limerick city which is a good bit cheaper but on a less scenic route. The route you take would depend on what if anything you plan on doing between your two destinations?

Bit harsh perhaps but I as well as many on here would be happy to give you some ideas if we knew your time scale.

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
reviews: 38
5. Re: ferry from galway to dingle

Having used both, I think the Shannon Ferry is far more fun, particularly if you are on holiday. There is always the possibiility of seeing dolphins and you can take your break on the ferry rather than having to pull in to a town or whatnot.

Whitney, Texas
Destination Expert
for Ireland
reviews: 22
6. Re: ferry from galway to dingle

ahhh bean, i was just going to post that i loved the tunnel in limerick, that you told me about....much prefer it to the ferry which has gotten to where it cost as much as a day rental for a car.....lol....

Seattle, Washington
reviews: 32
7. Re: ferry from galway to dingle

My husband and I are actually planning on traveling from Dingle to Galway with a stop at the Cliffs of Moher in May. I come from an island in Washington State USA that has ferry service and the ferries get backed up for hours, especially in the summer. Is there heavy traffic and waits with the ferry or is it comparable time to driving through Limerick?

We need to be in Galway by 6:00 PM/18:00 to return the car. What kind of time frame are we looking at? What time would you recommend leaving Dingle and are there any other attractions along the way we might have time to see?

8. Re: ferry from galway to dingle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 am, December 08, 2012