We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Dingile Book Store

Which Dingle hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Florida
reviews: 28
The Dingile Book Store

As avid readers, my husband and I always search out a book store when we travel. The Dingle Book Store is fantastic. Very helpful clerk, and a huge and complete children's section.

They had kid's books in English and n Irish, including baby books for learning Irish words, simple books with stories of Irish heroes for young children, and great young adult books, and more. We bought books to bring back to our friends from Limerick-- for their children.

Of course we also bought books for outself, including a great one on the Blasket Islands.

We happily spent an hour or more browsing this excellent shop. If you go to Dingle, go up to Green Street and enjoy the wonderful variety of books that they have

Ellen

Edited: 11:22 am, June 20, 2011
Guernsey, United...
Destination Expert
for Dingle, Guernsey, The Burren
reviews: 138
1. Re: The Dingile Book Store

Ellen

I always pop in when I'm in Dingle and have found some treasures over the years. One of my all-time favourites: "Honey from Stone" by Chet Raymo (now out of print, I believe), and of course, the Blasket authors. Found a sweet little about about the Sleeping Giant for my daughter.

It's a lovely little shop!

There's a similar style shop in Kenmare: Kenmare Book Shop.

Tralee, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Tralee
reviews: 58
2. Re: The Dingile Book Store

Future visitors to the Dingle Book Shop and other book shops in Kerry might consider supporting your local DE's fund raising for Ronald McDonald House at Crumlin childrens' hospital by checking out the following: terracetalk.com/picks/19/It-Could-be-Verse

Ventry, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle Peninsula
reviews: 94
3. Re: The Dingile Book Store

And don't forget the cafe/bookstore An Cafe Liteartha in Dykegate Lane, particularly for Irish language books.

Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle
reviews: 70
4. Re: The Dingile Book Store

Am a big fan of both shops!Queued at the cafe Literata at midnight twice for Harry Potter Launches- how sad am I :)

Tralee, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Tralee
5. Re: The Dingile Book Store

Oops! My book is at An Cafe Liteartha. Marketing is not my strong point.

Ventry, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle Peninsula
reviews: 94
6. Re: The Dingile Book Store

What is the title?

Florida
reviews: 28
7. Re: The Dingile Book Store

rats!!!! Spiceloft, I would have gotten your book if I had known it was there. Now I remember your mentioning it maybe in January. It's poetry, right?

As it is, I only got a cool book on werewolves :)

Ellen

Edited: 7:47 pm, June 20, 2011
Tralee, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Tralee
8. Re: The Dingile Book Store

My book/CD is called 'It could be Verse!' It features regularly on Radio Kerry. To date, I have raised over €7000 for the Ronald McDonald House. I have posted many copies all over the world and can do the same for anyone who'd like to support.

Edited: 10:15 am, June 21, 2011
Guernsey, United...
Destination Expert
for Dingle, Guernsey, The Burren
reviews: 138
9. Re: The Dingile Book Store

spiceloft

that's a great achievement! I'll be back in Dingle in August (just booked last night) and will certainly buy a copy.

Tralee, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Tralee
10. Re: The Dingile Book Store

A fortnight ago, several of us were in Dingle at the same time it appears. Maybe we could have a TA coffee and ice cream at Murphys in August?