We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Greenmount or Castlewood?

Which Dingle hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Washington, DC
reviews: 77
Greenmount or Castlewood?

Trying to decide between these 2 lodgings which both have fantastic reviews. It seems Castlewood is quite a walk to the center of town and Greenmount is closer but up a steep hill. Greenmount is more expensive. There are mixed reviews on the friendliness and helpfulness of the owners of both locations. Sounds like view will be beautiful both places. Any advice? I know, what a decision to make! Feel fortunate.

Earth
1. Re: Greenmount or Castlewood?

I have been to both places. Greenmount is a little quieter and the hosts are very friendly and helpful. Himself at Castlewood had "attitude" but the guest house is beautiful too.

How long are you staying in Dingle? Maybe you can have a night in each place?

Washington, DC
2. Re: Greenmount or Castlewood?

Hello

It is interesting that you found Greenmount quieter given that Castlewood is further away and Greenmount is closer to town. What factors into that? Thin walls, traffic? Is Castlewood too far away from downtown? So it sounds that the owner at Castlewood may not be the friendliest but the decor is really nice. Humm, interested to hear more about what you liked or disliked about both places.... Thanks for your input.

Nebraska
3. Re: Greenmount or Castlewood?

Castlewood is a brisk walk to town. It has very large and comfortable rooms. Huge common areas. Helen is very friendly and offered to take our laundry to town. Brian is a very hard worker and prepares a world class breakfast in my opinion. He may not be much of a conversationalis but I believe Castlewood is his passion. I often think of our stay there and would love to go back.

Washington, DC
4. Re: Greenmount or Castlewood?

I am in my 3rd day at Castlewood in a 5 day stay here. I have to say that I agree in the just previous reply. Brian has an obvious passion about Castlewood and has been very helpful in giving directions and orienting guests. He is very service oriented in a first class manner. He is quite the chef and the presentation is superb. He must be a natural as he tells me he didn't go to culinary school but rather hotel management school. Both Helen and Brian have engaged guests in conversation and are extremely helpful to ensure each guest gets the most out of Dingle. The rooms are immaculate and the decor is extremely tasteful in a simple elegance manner. I am particular and have to say I enjoy this stay here at Castlewood immensely.

Washington, DC
5. Re: Greenmount or Castlewood?

Just finishing 2 week tour of Ireland. I spent a little less than 1 week at Castlewood. In my second week I had a night at Ashford Castle. I have to say the food and accomodations and the friendliness of Helan and Brian at Castlewood House by far outwieghed any other accomodation I had. I can't say enough about Castlewood House. Hard act to follow.

6. Re: Greenmount or Castlewood?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:15 am, October 03, 2012