We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas in Kenmare

Which Kenmare hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
USA
reviews: 1
Christmas in Kenmare

My family will be staying in Kenmare this Christmas and I have heard many things close for a few days at Christmas. Do you know of any places in Kenmare that are usually open for a meal (and/or beer) over the holidays? Do most gas stations usually close as well if we plan to do the Ring of Kerry then?

Thanks

ireland
reviews: 10
1. Re: Christmas in Kenmare

kathleen, there will be NOTHING open on Christmas day. However, some businesses will be open on Christmas Eve and the 26th.

kenmare
2. Re: Christmas in Kenmare

Everything will be open during Chistmas, except Christmas

day. Kenmare is a fun place to be around Christmas.

Restaurants and pub's are buzzing with locals returning from all corners of the globe to be at home during the Holidays.

Christmas lights will be on, candle light dinners etc.

I highly recommend it.

Peter

webmaster@neidin.net

The Kenmare Home Page

USA
3. Re: Christmas in Kenmare

Peter, I haven't checked this forum in awhile. Thanks for your reply- we now have booked our place in Kenmare and can't wait! Any other suggestions about places to eat or visit?

kenmare
4. Re: Christmas in Kenmare

Have a look at www.kenmarerestaurants.com

:o)

Peter

kenmare
5. Re: Christmas in Kenmare

Kathleen-

All of Ireland closes on the 25th dec as all licenced premises are obliged to do by law .The 2 x 5 star hotels incl The Park Hotel Kenmare are full with house guests and hence u have to cook at home. A few restaurants are open but not The Limetree Kenmare"s most renowned.Gas stations close 25/26 only.