We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best restaurant for group

Which Kenmare hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin
reviews: 1
best restaurant for group

I am organising a weekend in May in Kenmare for a group of 11 (and possibly up to 14) friends, we are mainly in couples and in our early to mid 30s.

On the Saturday night we plan on going out for a nice dinner and I wonder if I could get advice on where the best place is for a group of our size.

I see from TA that Packies, Mulcathys and The Lime Tree are top of the recommendations list.

Can anyone advise which one of these (or elsewhere) would suit us best from a size perspective - I don't want to book somewhere where we'll all be cramped around a table not big enough or to be imposing ourselves as a group in a restaurant that's intimate and geared toward couples and smaller tables.

Any and all advise welcome.

Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 16
1. Re: best restaurant for group

Many of the Kenmare restaurants are based in buildings originally constructed as townhouses or shops, so the dining areas are intimate/compact spaces with small tables.. A large group would impinge on other diners, particularly, I think, in Packies. However, some restaurants, such as Lime Tree (and possibly Number 35 or others) have an upstairs area and perhaps you could contact them directly to inquire if you could reserve the entire area.

Your group would be less obtrusive in a larger venues such as some of the bar/restaurants who also serve good quality food eg Davitts or Foleys on Henry St. You should also consider any of the various hotels as these also have spacious dining areas. The Booklane hotel is highly reviewed here on TA. I have dined there both at functions of over 50 and with a group of 6 and would recommend their spaciousness, atmosphere and quality of food.

Edited: 2:51 pm, February 26, 2012
2. Re: best restaurant for group

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:30 am, June 05, 2013