We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Morning Break on way to Bath (from London)

Which Bradford-on-Avon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
Morning Break on way to Bath (from London)

Hi.

My mum and I are planning on taking the train from Paddington to Bath next Tuesday and I love the picturesqueness of this town: BOA. Would this be a worthwhile side trip for breakfast on the way into Bath? If so, suggestions on breakfast locations would be appreciated. Also, would 1 hour give us enough time to walk around and get a sense of the town's history?

Thank you!

4 replies to this topic
U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London
reviews: 126
1. Re: Morning Break on way to Bath (from London)

The main problem with this is your logistics. Getting from Paddington to Bradford-on-Avon you will first go through....Bath!

In fact you will have to change trains at Bath Spa in order to catch another for BOA. This does not seem to fulfill your original requirement of "break on the way to Bath" as you are already there.

Perhaps as an afternoon diversion?

Los Angeles...
2. Re: Morning Break on way to Bath (from London)

thanks Laura; what about stopping here for dinner and a quick walk around on way back to London? i know it gets dark early in the winter months...

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London
reviews: 126
3. Re: Morning Break on way to Bath (from London)

Well, the sun will have set by 4:57 (16:57), so to see the town in daylight you would have to leave Bath by 3:30 (15:30) to get an hour's worth of sightseeing in daylight.

Dinner in the UK is usually around 7:00, so I don't know what you would do in the dark for two hours.

It takes 1 1/2 hours to get to Bath from London. There is a full day's worth of sightseeing once you get there. I think you'd be cheating Bath.

Wiltshire, England
reviews: 43
4. Re: Morning Break on way to Bath (from London)

I agree, it really wouldn't be worth it, although Bradford-on-Avon is a lovely town, I think you'd still have to go back to London via Bath. Even a whole day isn't enough to see Bath so save B-on-A for another trip.

Reply to: Morning Break on way to Bath (from London)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bradford-on-Avon