We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in Kapalua-Late August/Early September

Which Kapalua hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Beaconsfield...
reviews: 6
Weather in Kapalua-Late August/Early September

Hi

My Hubbie and I are going on a once in a lifetime trip to the west coast of America and then on to 2 islands (Oahu and Maui). We are thinking of staying in the Kapalua Villas and I am a little worried that its meant to be really windy and rainy in this region!!

Can anyone help at all with whether this should be a deterrent and we should stay further South?

Many thanks in advance!

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Maui
reviews: 10
1. Re: Weather in Kapalua-Late August/Early September

August and September are perhaps the best time of the year to stay in Kapalua. Both air and water temps are the warmest at this time of year and rainfall is negligable. You may occaisionally (typically early mornings) get a mauka shower - this is when the trade breezes push the clouds up against the mountains on the windward side of the island and they spill over and drop some moisture. But they are typically very brief, lasting only moments to a few minutes, and rarely if ever cause anyone to adjust their activity. Hawaiians call them "little blessings." It's these brief showers that bring the vibrant rainbows. Book your stay in Kapalua with confidence and know that you will have an amazing vacation!

2. Re: Weather in Kapalua-Late August/Early September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, October 08, 2012