We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cornish Pastie

Which Truro hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
reviews: 26
Cornish Pastie

Where can i get a proper Cornish Pastie round these parts? Many times i've been down to Truro and never saw anywhere that looked promising...

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
reviews: 247
11. Re: Cornish Pastie

GB - yes I had a Grannies Pasty in Looe and possibly Polperro.

It was a few years ago but I think they were pretty good.

Devizes, United...
reviews: 309
12. Re: Cornish Pastie

Hi PC

Now that you mention it, I'm positive there's still a Grannie's in Looe, not sure about Polperro though.

Cornwall
reviews: 13
13. Re: Cornish Pastie

My grannies pasties are far better than anything you can buy in the shop, but they're not the grannies pasties! For the truely authentic experience you'd have to have a home made pasty, so make friends with a local and get yourself invited for crouse!

I agree about Anne's Pasties, always excellent, but they sell out very quickly.

PADSTOW, CORNWALL...
reviews: 1
14. Re: Cornish Pastie

No doubt the best are home made but as a visitor you probably won't be in a position to sample one. A good friend Brenda Trenouth of Trevone Farm makes wondrous pasties and many years ago I once ate 2 at one sitting which left her gobsmacked. If you are in Truro try the ones at the bakery in Truro Pannier Market, Lemon Quay, not bad and only £1.50. I usually have one each Wednesday when I am working in my market business. Sometimes just a touch peppery for my taste but have sampled a lot worse.

Cornwall
reviews: 28
15. Re: Cornish Pastie

The best pasties are from the Oggie Oggie shops! Rowes pasties vary enormously from being salty, peppery or chewy meat.

Horsham,UK
reviews: 14
16. Re: Cornish Pastie

When I was in Par, we found a good pastie shop run by a bloke called Benjamin Leddie. He does a good trade over the net. His website is "Bleddieansumpasties". They were scrumptious. Lean meat, local veg and not overseasoned.

Oxfordshire
17. Re: Cornish Pastie

Try Anne's Pasties at the Lizard and, also, at St Just there's a buther's shop/deli that sells great pasties too. The name of the shop escapes me but it's located in the middle of the square opposite a fish and chip shop called 'Jeremy's Fish Bar'. Hope this helps. There used to be a fantastic pasty shop in Porthleven too but that closed a couple of summers ago unfortunately!!

18. Re: Cornish Pastie

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 am, September 12, 2009