We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lopespan Baobab

Berkshire
reviews: 31
Lopespan Baobab

I am thinking of this hotel next January/February. It is on a half board basis, and as I do like a glass or two of wine whilst around the pool (or on the beach if there is a 'sitting on' one on site) can anyone tell me if the drinks are expensive, or is there somewhere nearby (supermarket) where I can purchase some, or maybe some brandy for an evening drink on the balcony?

Hampshire, UK
reviews: 53
1. Re: Lopespan Baobab

Hi Patricia

I have stayed 5 times at the sister hotel across the road (Lopesan Costa Meloneras) and I believe all 3 lopesans charge the same prices for drinks etc.

Poolside drinks can be a bit pricy - 3E if I remember rightly last year for a coke. Better buy some at the supermarket, keep your room fridge stocked and take it poolside when you need it. I've never seen any objections to people taking their own food/drink poolside at the LCM over the road.

Alcoholic drinks - not a wine drinker myself but a vodka and coke was about 6E and a beer around 4E.

There's a supermarket practically on your doorstep - in the parade of shops outside the front of the hotel.

If you have any more queries on meloneras/lopesan you might wish to duplicate the query in the Maspalomas forum. Tripadvisor have only recently created the separate Meloneras forum - also some of the travel companies don't advertise Meloneras separately from Maspalomas so many who know the Meloneras area still use the Maspalomas forum out of habit.

By the way - slightly off-topic but it might help you. If you are going with kids, great. If it's just you and a partner/friend, you may wish to look at one of the other lopesans - Villa del Conde or Costa Meloneras. Recent reviews of the Baobab seem to show it getting very very family/child oriented. I'd hate for you to get there and not be able to enjoy your glass of wine!

Do feel free to drop me a message if you wish to know more about the Meloneras area or the Lopesans.

Here's to a drink on the balcony. Cheers!

Berkshire
reviews: 31
2. Re: Lopespan Baobab

What a very helpful reply. Thank you very much. No, I am NOT travelling with children, do not want to be around children, so your comments are very helpful. However all the brochures I have looked at (not many available nowadays, all seem to be owned by the same parent companies alas) none of the other hotels you mention are listed. Any suggestions as to where I can get more information?

Hampshire, UK
reviews: 53
3. Re: Lopespan Baobab

Hi Patricia

If you prefer a package, Thomson, Thomas Cook and Direct Holidays all offer all 3 lopesans when I did a quick google check today. Maybe look at their websites because I don't think they put all the hotels in all the brochures now.

Alternatively, you can book direct at Lopesan.com - you may wish to weigh up the cost of a package vs booking flights/hotels independently. I think the Lopesans are also available through hotels.com or expedia. Don't worry about the cost of getting to/from the airport if you travel independently - I think it's 40E in a taxi, or you can get on the bus which stops right outside the Baobab and the Costa Meloneras for just a couple of Euros.

Feel free to contact me if you'd like any more info. You can send me a message directly if you prefer - I think you do this by clicking my name in blue under my sunbed picture. Good luck!

Manchester, United...
reviews: 6
4. Re: Lopespan Baobab

I have recently booked the Villa Del Conte online through Soverign I thought I got quite a good deal. I booked my flight seperately but they do packages. Reason I booked through them was because they were the only company I found who offered a sea view room for single occupancy.

5. Re: Lopespan Baobab

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:15 am, March 24, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Meloneras
More Meloneras Topics