We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Plaza Gardens or Hunters Grill

reviews: 7
Plaza Gardens or Hunters Grill

Hi all,

We've got friends coming to play in the park with us on our last day and I'm holding off seeing Dreams until that last night as it doesn't start until 10.30 in the 3rd week of May and my little Moo won't hold out that long (and of course my friends can't wait to see it!).

Just a quick question, they're looking for cheap but nice (aren't we all, I know), but we have to stick to buffet as my daughters a fuss pot ;)

Out of the 2 which do you think would be best?

we're staying at Sequoia so did wonder whether Hunters then we could ret up in the room maybe before dreams? Will we want to do that?! It's quite a trek to walk back to bus then back to Hunters do you think, or not? I know Plaza Gardens is in the park.

Would appreciate your thoughts!

14 days!

17 replies to this topic
1. Re: Plaza Gardens or Hunters Grill

Or restaurant de stars?! Oh the decisions! :)

Yorkshire, England
reviews: 27
2. Re: Plaza Gardens or Hunters Grill

Hi,

We ate at both buffets during our stay in February. Plaza Gardens would be cheaper and more convenient (it's a 'Standard' category restaurant, and of course is in the park) but Hunter's Grill had more choice of food and was less busy (it is 'Premium' category though, so will cost more). The quality of the food was the same in both though (lovely, fresh and hot).

How old is your daughter, and do your friends have children with them? If it's just a group of adults and a child in a pushchair it wouldn't be too much trouble to go back to Hunters Grill. I'd not bother with the bus though, once you have walked from the park to the bus stops you are half way to the hotel anyway. And Hunters Grill is on the ground floor of the Sequoia Lodge, right there when you come in the doors from the lake. The reception, and the bus drop off, are on the first floor, so if you get the bus you'll have to walk down through the hotel anyway.

On the other hand, if going back to the hotel means dragging a tired (especially if it is your last day) child back then maybe you should just eat in the park. We found Hunters Grill to be much quieter than Plaza Gardens (at HG you could just walk up to the buffet at any point, whereas at PG you had to sort of join the 'queue' and shuffle along past all the dishes each time because there were a lot more people), but we were eating at 6pm due to having 3 young children and also the park closed at 8pm when we were there. So depending on what time you want to eat there probably won't be any difference in terms of how busy each place is. PG is open all day, HG had only just opened at 6pm when we were eating so that's why it was quiet. I imagine it got a lot busier from 8:30 onwards when everyone came back after Dreams.

So, hope some of that helped! I've not really made a decision for you have I?! I'm just glad that Dreams was on at 8pm when we were there, any later than that makes things tricky for people with small children.

Haacht, Belgium
reviews: 26
3. Re: Plaza Gardens or Hunters Grill

Hunter's Grill is halfboard Plus category, not premium. it's only about 5€ a person more than Plaza Gardens yet there is a lot more choice in my opinion. The dishes are less standard and the atmosphere is more relaxed. You can really feel that it isn't a standard category restaurant and the dishes are slightly more expensive options than what you will find in Plaza Gardens.

Rennes, France
4. Re: Plaza Gardens or Hunters Grill

Hi, we found the food in Hunters grill to be much better/more interesting than Plaza Gardens. Plaza Gardens was still good value and I would go there again if I needed to be in the park but I found the food very bland and the queues for the buffet were very long. Maybe I was just unlucky on that particular night, I know most people do rate it. I don't eat meat so I really look out for the fish/seafood, and in Plaza Gardens there were just whelks and one type of white fish which looked lovely but disappointingly didn't taste of anything. At Hunters grill they had salmon and masses of fresh prawns. I think you get what you pay for.

Also Hunters grill was better for the children due to the lack of queues, they could just go back for what they fancied as they wanted to. It was more relaxing.

Edited: 5:07 pm, May 04, 2014
Yorkshire, England
reviews: 27
5. Re: Plaza Gardens or Hunters Grill

Yes, sorry - my mistake about the premium/plus for Hunters Grill. In my head I meant Plus!

Wakefield, United...
reviews: 10
6. Re: Plaza Gardens or Hunters Grill

We've never eaten at Hunters Grill but we very much enjoyed Plaza Gardens :)

Flint, United...
7. Re: Plaza Gardens or Hunters Grill

We eat at hunters grill when we arrived at 8pm. Food was lush, hot and fresh. It was also busy but not so we were crushed or had to Que loads. We only got the bus once and I wished we hadn't. It is quicker to walk. Depending on how old your little one is take a cheap Pam or hire one then when they are tired they can flake out in it. There was quite a few 6/7 years old in them.

Durham, United...
reviews: 12
8. Re: Plaza Gardens or Hunters Grill

Hunters grill for me to love it there :)

Brechin, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
reviews: 39
9. Re: Plaza Gardens or Hunters Grill

Hunters grill for me as well.

10. Re: Plaza Gardens or Hunters Grill

Thanks everyone :)

So you think it'd work ok leaving the work to go back and eat there and then back for dreams?

Reply to: Plaza Gardens or Hunters Grill
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted