We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Auberge de Cendrillon....fussy eaters

Auberge de Cendrillon....fussy eaters

To those that have dined here, my hubby and eldest dd (5) are quite fussy eaters, actually il rephrase that to extremely fussy eaters, is there anything that will appeal to a fussy eater lol! My dd is a massive disney princess fan so would love for her to meet them! My heart says go for it even if they don't eat much but then my head say "no it will be a waste to spend 170 odd euros if no ones going to eat".......oh I'm in such a tizzle lol!!

Norwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
reviews: 33
1. Re: Auberge de Cendrillon....fussy eaters

My dd only ate bread rolls (of which there were plenty) and her yummy chocolate dessert, I really enjoyed my food there though. I knew that she wouldn't really eat anything before we went so I was prepared to spend all that money on the experience, and she loved it, well worth the money.

Dh and ds went off to Planet Hollywood while we went to Auberge so at least I wasn't paying for three people not to eat!

I don't think of it as real money when at Disney lol! If I did I wouldn't be able to justify spending anything!

2. Re: Auberge de Cendrillon....fussy eaters

Trying to justify it to hubby, he said he will eat somewhere else but then said no then il miss the girls faces:-( then he said u will just have to film it!.....I couldn't do that wouldn't be fair not as if he has someone to keep him company!

Norwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
3. Re: Auberge de Cendrillon....fussy eaters

Send him to the Steakhouse!

Ireland
reviews: 2
4. Re: Auberge de Cendrillon....fussy eaters

My mam is a very fussy eater, i brought her to the auberge once and she literally ate nothing it was such a waste. after that trip my dd and i went alone.

i havent eaten the current menu but other than the starters i don't think its that bad. kids can have a meat and and pasta for their mains. i have had beef, chicken, cod, duck and lamb at the auberge and the only thing i wouldnt eat again was the duck.

5. Re: Auberge de Cendrillon....fussy eaters

Oh no I'd feel bad sending him to the steakhouse alone lol

We took a look at the pics on TA and nothing looked very appetising, he did like the look of the kids burger (without a bun) and veg and pasta he said that's the only thing he would eat!! Suppose were just going to have to weigh it all....what's the price we will pay to see our girls face light up!!........

Leeds, United...
reviews: 13
6. Re: Auberge de Cendrillon....fussy eaters

We went and paid for four of us and didn't enjoy the food much. Like above, bread rolls were nice lol. The kids burger (without a bun) accompanied with a tea spoon of lumpy mash is very poor for the price you pay. Saying this it was totally worth the experience and I don't regret for one second the amount of money we paid. It was an experience my girls will never forget and we managed to capture some amazing pictures they can keep forever - how can you possibly put a price on that? Cinderella stood at our table teaching my girls how to courtesy and tiana sat n the floor with my girls on her knee telling them princess tales for a good 10 minutes (see avatar pic). Yes it's very expensive, yes the food is poor but the experience itself (especially for little girls) is priceless. I'd say go for it. :-)

Norwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
7. Re: Auberge de Cendrillon....fussy eaters

I've just updated my avatar pic, here's dd with Rapunzel and Flynn at Auberge!

Edited: 4:50 pm, November 01, 2013
8. Re: Auberge de Cendrillon....fussy eaters

Aww I can't see your avatar pics on my iPhone :-(

I think were just going to go for it, like you all have said seeing the kids faces is priceless. As we are going for dd 2nd birthday (Minnie and Mickey fan) were do the mickeys cafe breakfast for her and the princess dinner can be for dd 6th birthday a month before we go.....so it fully justifiable to hubby now :-)

Leeds, United...
reviews: 13
9. Re: Auberge de Cendrillon....fussy eaters

Yay!! Sounds perfect. I'm sure you will har a lovely time x

New Forest National...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
reviews: 91
10. Re: Auberge de Cendrillon....fussy eaters

Hi

If you think your DH will not like the food in auberge and not eat any of it, it is a lot of money to pay. You could consider booking for all of you, but telling a white lie when you arrive and say that DH had not been very well overnight and was not eating that day, but didn't want to disappoint daughter, so could he just sit at table and have drinks. As long as everyone else is eating I can't see that they would refuse this request. DH could eat somewhere else first , like counter service burger & fries etc, so he is not hungry.

It is not like a buffet where all persons must pay as they can't keep an eye on who is eating or not.

That may be your solution if DH wants to join you in auberge but really does not fancy the type of good there.