We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How do you get VIP viewing for the parade and fireworks?

Sunderland, United...
reviews: 54
How do you get VIP viewing for the parade and fireworks?

Hey guys,

We're booked to stay at the Disneyland Hotel December 24th-27th and Sequoia Lodge December 27th-1st January, and I've always wondered how some guests get to stand in the roped off VIP areas for the parade and fireworks. Do you need to be a guest at a particular hotel or buy the VIP separate to your park tickets, I have no idea. Everytime we've visited DLP we have always had a terrible view for the fireworks (I am very short too). I doesn't help much when you're surrounded but children on their very tall parents' shoulders. We never have this problem at WDW since the castle is taller and I'm pretty sure Main Street is on a slant xD

If anyone could inform me of a way to get VIP viewings for the parade and fireworks that would be awesome! Thanks guys!

Durham, United...
reviews: 82
1. Re: How do you get VIP viewing for the parade and fireworks?

Hi they used yo do a vip meal package where you had a 3 course meal and then had access to the vip area. We did this in june and it was really good but they no longer do it. The only places that are roped off from guests now is the designated area for disabled guests.

Sunderland, United...
2. Re: How do you get VIP viewing for the parade and fireworks?

Thank you! Aw that's disappointing. WDW have VIP areas near the castle for the Wishes fireworks for those staying in Deluxe resorts. I guess I'll have to be in front of the castle super early for the show! I really hope it isn't too freezing haha. Do you think Disney would have anything to stay if I brought a collapsible chair and set up in front of the castle, I haven't seen anyone else do that so I'm not sure whether they allow it or not.

England, U.K
reviews: 25
3. Re: How do you get VIP viewing for the parade and fireworks?

People tend to sit on the floor, so a chair would be blocking the view of the people behind you. We plan on taking our picnic blanket to sit on so the floor won't be cold. The VIP viewing areas at WDW and DL are great, I wish you could get them at DLP too!

Sunderland, United...
4. Re: How do you get VIP viewing for the parade and fireworks?

Past few years we've sat on the floor a hour before the Disney Dreams/ night show but can never get near the castle, the park gets sooo packed. Then just as you think your view will be great, the show starts and all the 'dad's' in the families throw their kids on their shoulders. In July I spent most of the show walking side to side on the tips of my toes trying to see haha.

Parades can be the worst though. In July, we sat on the curb in MainStreet in front of the castle for an hour prior to the start of the parade. As soon as it started, parents pushed their children in front of us, then I got shouted at by a French woman for standing up to see as I was blocking her view (she arrived there minutes before the start of the parade) I got tired of the abuse and sat down until a 'Disney' cast member approached me in a unpleasant manor telling me to keep my feet on the path (no please!) there was no room at all with people behind me pushing forward so I stood back up and was verbally abused the entire parade by the woman behind. Not at all a magical experience. Oh, and the cast member witnessed it all and said nothing. In the American parks the guests respect first come first served sort of thing and NO QUEUE JUMPING, the French seem to turn a blind eye.

I really don't mind waiting for an hour prior to shows and parades but when people just show up at last minute and push in front it ruins the experience. That's what worries me, waiting 90 minutes in the freezing cold at Christmas for the shows/parades and then having my view completely blocked. That's why I was inquiring about the VIP areas.

Just had a total rant there about my last visit haha! Sorry! xD

Norwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
reviews: 49
5. Re: How do you get VIP viewing for the parade and fireworks?

Jofar recommends standing on the bandstand to get a good view of Dreams, I think we might try it in December.

Sunderland, United...
6. Re: How do you get VIP viewing for the parade and fireworks?

That's a brilliant idea! Thank you! I hope Disney cast members allow it and that not everyone will have the same idea, it would be quite difficult fitting 40+ people in the bandstand xD

Norwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
reviews: 49
7. Re: How do you get VIP viewing for the parade and fireworks?

Let's hope not everyone's reading this thread! Hope you finally manage to get a good view xx

Sunderland, United...
8. Re: How do you get VIP viewing for the parade and fireworks?

Thank you guys so much! It sucks being small haha!

Loughborough...
reviews: 52
9. Re: How do you get VIP viewing for the parade and fireworks?

It does suck being small, we sat waiting for dreams for 1.30 mins in the summer to get a good view in front of the castle.. and then everyone stood up -_-

New Forest National...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
reviews: 91
10. Re: How do you get VIP viewing for the parade and fireworks?

Hi,

I am also quite small compared to other adults, and usually get my place early to watch Dreams and parades. In summer when Dreams begins at 11pm I wait for the rope to go up in front of the Castle at 9pm and get my place at the front. When it was dry everyone stayed sitting for Dreams which was great. Some did stand up shortly before it began but they got booed and whistled at, so sat down again. CMs can't force people to sit. There is no reason why you can't use a folding chair to sit and wait for Dreams - I have seen people doing this.

I have also sat on the kerb in front of the Castle to wait which is more comfortable than the flat road. I got a very good view standing here earlier this month, about 30 mins before Dreams began, and luckily no one tall stood in my way.

I also sometimes stand behind a flower bed on Central Plaza, (there are benches if you get there early enough) because no one can stand immediately in front of you there. I try to get a spot behind the flower bed on the left side, which is next to the roped off disabled guest area, and can sit on the bench there until Dreams begins.

The sides of the Castle do not get as crowded, and you can still see the Castle doorway and projections, (which go down the sides of the Castle as well) but the show is better watched from the front.

Many European countries have a different attitude and culture regarding queueing to us and Americans, so you can't expect the same experience in DLP that you get in the USA parks where the majority of guests are American. Personally I find Spanish guests are worse than French, and their culture is definitely ' me first'.

If you watch the parades near the castle / central plaza and main street these are the busiest areas where people are more likely to try and push in at the last minute - you need to hold your ground and not let them squeeze in.