We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel decisons!

Jersey, United...
hotel decisons!

Hi We are planning to go in November arriving 11th for 4 nights. We will be me, husband, 2 year old and grandparents.

Last year we stayed at Explorers as we booked v last minute and it suited us to not be on top of everything plus the pool was fun for our DS.

So I am now trying to decide for this year which hotel to book DH wants to go back to Explorers and I am happy to do so (we had amazing service, very clean room, no problems with breakfast queues etc!)

BUt......

with the current special offers on for 2 free nights I am thinking should we book a Disney Hotel or wait and see if explorers do a special?

We would either stay at New York or New Port Bay (but swimming pool closed at Newport from Nov - March) .

Hmm ........... any comments on if we should hold out for a special or if the porice of £584 at New Port Bay is good and we should go for it??!!

Also any comments on a plaza room at New York or an Admirals Floor room at Newport Bay as the web site doesnt say much about them!!

Thanks

M

Edited: 7:05 am, July 30, 2013
Norwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
reviews: 48
1. Re: hotel decisons!

Hi Manni

I don't think you'll get a better offer than the current one for your dates for an onsite hotel unless a flash sale comes up closer to the time and even then you can't guarantee you'll get the hotel you want on the dates you want.

We haven't stayed at the NPB but we have stayed at the New York and really liked it. A plaza room is a room with a view of the lake but other than that it's no different from a standard room. Nice not breakfast at the New York and good location for the Village and parks.

Dartford, United...
reviews: 5
2. Re: hotel decisons!

hiya I have previously stayed at the santa fe when I was younger this is a budget hotel so doesn't have a swimming pool but I found it to be ok, then for our first family trip we stayed in the Newport bay, this was a nice clean hotel but I found as its a sea themed hotel they do serve lots of fish food and it smelt of fish this wasn't good for us as we are not a fish eating family! should have researched that before we booked so it was our fault. The last hotel we stayed at was the Disneyland hotel which was amazing!! due to cost we are not staying there this time but have opted for the new York which has been recommended by family and travel agent!! looks amazing and I cant wait to stay there!! good luck with deciding!

Swansea
reviews: 12
3. Re: hotel decisons!

I've stayed at both the New York and the Newport Bay. The NY was great for location and was very pleasant, but to me lacked in something - character maybe, I'm not sure. The NB was my favourite, absolutely loved it.... It just had real charm. We stayed on the admiral's floor , and had a balcony and lake view and I would definitely stay there again, but probably not the NY. Good luck deciding!!

South East England...
reviews: 28
4. Re: hotel decisons!

Of the two Disney hotels I'd go for the HNY because it is very slightly closer to the parks and you get hot breakfast items, which could be nice in the winter :) I've never stayed at Explorers so couldn't really say what deals they would be likely to do in future.

Have you considered the Sequoia Lodge? They're doing very good deals on the Golden Forest rooms at the moment so you separate check in, Nespresso machine in your room, private breakfast room with characters, free cakes and pastries in the afternoon, free soft and hot drinks in the afternoon / evening and one hotel fast pass per person per day. There is also a pool so might be worth considering.

Yeovil, United...
reviews: 3
5. Re: hotel decisons!

We also stayed at explorers hotel very nice only thing was the bus could be very crowded at time. Due to the offer we have booked for sl golden forest rooms also want to see what it is like being closer to the park and village and also the fact you can walk to it. Think offers is to good to missed.

London, United...
6. Re: hotel decisons!

We stayed at Explorers twice and loved it both times. Haven't seen them do any offers though.

Jersey, United...
7. Re: hotel decisons!

Thank you so much for your replies, I hadn't looked at SL so am going to compare prices there too! But such a dilema, hot food at NY sounds good!! We probably would have booked Newport except swimming pool is closed and my DS loves to swim!

PS Jade I had to laugh at the smell of fish!!!

Edited: 5:52 am, July 31, 2013
8. Re: hotel decisons!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, August 02, 2014