We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When to book, Want to Travel November 2013

Dublin, Ireland
When to book, Want to Travel November 2013

Hi,

Hoping for some help from the pros :)...

I wish to travel to DLP the in November.

We are 2 adults and one child (who turns 3 on our visit)

*I am wondering if it’s too early to book, if I hold out a bit would I get better prices (I have been using the actual Disney site for prices)

*Two hotels we are looking at are Sequoia Lodge & Newport bay (both around €950- €1,000 for basic room, park tickets & breakfast) – any feedback on either or a cheap hotel suggestion ? seems like the pools will be closed when we are there?

*Our little ones birthday will fall when we are there, I’d love to do the café Mickey lunch on this day, do you know if they do anything special for them if it’s their birthday or if I can arrange anything?

*Airport to Park, I would like to book a private car / taxi. I got a price for one to collect us at the airport and return us this will cost €140 is this the average I can expect to pay?

*Can you please confirm for me if the hotels have the Disney Characters going thru the hotels or can you only see the characters at Café Mickey or the parks?

*if I am checked into the hotel from Thursday to Sunday will my park tickets included grant me access to the parks for ea day I am there ?

One last thing, I imagine it to be absolutely freezing when we are there and this really turns me off going ! is it as bad as I expect it to be or is there allot of heated areas to hang out? Ive only ever been to Orlando and with Orlando you get the lovely sunny weather on your skin which to me brings a diff experance :( !

Thanks for any feedback or suggestions you can offer.

Norwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
reviews: 33
1. Re: When to book, Want to Travel November 2013

Hi, you're right to hold out I think, different offers come out throughout the year but you can never know what they're going to be.

It is usually much more expensive to book flights with your Disney package though and can save a couple of hundred euros by booking them yourself.

I haven't stayed in those hotels myself but they get good reviews here. If the pool will be closed then you might be happy in one of disneys budget hotels, the Cheyenne or Santa Fe. Not as nice, obviously, but comfortable enough to warrant the saving!

A great place for a birthday! You can arrange (for a price) for a birthday cake, with candles to be brought to your table, sometimes the characters bring it out and sing happy birthday. You can also prearranged for balloons and a cuddly toy to be left on your room.

Your private transfer quote seems about right.

The Disney characters are usually in the hotels in the morning from about 8 I think, the Disneyland hotel has then around 4 as well but would like someone else to confirm!

You will be given tickets for each day of your stay, so three nights, four days tickets.

The weather is as unpredictable in Paris as it is at home I'm afraid so it could be doing anything, Orlando it ain't!!

Norwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
reviews: 44
2. Re: When to book, Want to Travel November 2013

Hi Butterfly

We visited DLP at the end of November/beginning of December last year and too advantage of a book two nights, get a further two nights free offer. If you book for dates after 7th November at the moment on the official Disneyland website then the offer is a 30% early bookers discount.

Obviously there are no guarantees, but I wouldn't be surprised if a 2 nights free offer comes up once the current one comes to an end on 30th April. Only you can decide if you're happy with the current price or want to wait. What many people do is get there transport in place and sort the rest later.

In terms of weather, it was cold when we visited but not freezing. We had a tiny amount of rain, some fog, some sun, but no snow. The best advice is to go prepared - we all had thermals, warm waterproof coats and snow boots. We had a fatastic time and are going back at the beginning of December this year for our DD's 6th birthday.

Hope this helps a bit!

Southampton
reviews: 8
3. Re: When to book, Want to Travel November 2013

Yes I would hold out for another offer. We booked in jan on the 2 day 2 night free. We paid 867 for hotel New York for 2 adults and three kids one is 11 so she wasn't free. Then I added half board vouchers on top.

I remember disney had flash sales of 50% off last year.

Durham, United...
reviews: 82
4. Re: When to book, Want to Travel November 2013

Hi we've just booked for end of October and got 2 nights 2 days for free I think this offer may also be on for November we have always booked in advance and been happy with the offers :)

Norwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
5. Re: When to book, Want to Travel November 2013

Jofar's right! The Disneyland Hotel usually has characters at 4 in the afternoon, Thursday through to Sunday. It's called the 'descent of the stairs' and involves a sort of mini show, as the characters come down the stairs, and is followed by a meet and greet. Unfortunatley it can be a bit of a scrum without any proper queues to meet the characters :-(

Saying that, the hotel is at the park entrance so is a great place to pop in to warm up on a cold day ;-)

Norwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
6. Re: When to book, Want to Travel November 2013

The 2 nights free offer ILMB mentions is valid for arrivals up to 7th November, providing you book by 30th April.

Norwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
7. Re: When to book, Want to Travel November 2013

Just wondered where you heard the Sequoia and Newport pools would be closed in November? They're not the closure dates mentioned in the current brochure.

Durham, United...
reviews: 82
8. Re: When to book, Want to Travel November 2013

Thanks lelly that's such a shame if its missed out on

Norfolk
reviews: 113
9. Re: When to book, Want to Travel November 2013

If you are flexible on dates, it is often cheaper to arrive on a Sunday, when others are returning home. You are probably going to get the cheapest flights booking early, but then you are tied to those dates. Don't forget that if you arrive on an early flight, you can pick up your park tickets and leave your bags at the hotel, and go straight to the parks [from 8am], so its like getting an extra day.

The weather won't be dissimilar to Dublin, so not freezing cold but you can dress appropriately, and you should be there for the start of the christmas season, so you get to see all the festive goodies.

I stayed at both hotels that you mention, and they are both good, and an easy walk to the parks or free shuttle bus. I would be suprised if they shut both swimming pools at the same time. Where did you discover this?

There is a thread on Birthdays in the top questions section on the right hand side, which should help you. You can also see characters at various places throughout the parks - sometimes completely unexpectedly.

Norwich, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris
10. Re: When to book, Want to Travel November 2013

I am obsessed with keeping any on offers! We've booked for the beginning of Decmeber under the 30% offer, but I know that if a better offer comes out I'm going to have be restrained from upgrading to the Pink Palace!

Butterfly - you can take your little one to City Hall and request a happy birthday call from Mickey. And don't forget a large birthday badge - the cast members and characters are very good at noticing them and making an extra fuss.

Edited: 6:00 am, March 05, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Disneyland Paris
More Disneyland Paris Topics