we are going to stay two nights in Ostional - mostly to see the turtles, but i was wondering is there anything else we should check out?
Just drive and walk around...Ostional is famous mostly for turtles!
You can go horseback riding, ATV tour, sailing, and hiking. Don't go in the water, the area has been known to have a few hungry sea creatures during the turtle hatching season, and has some strong rip tides.
thanks. We love to snorkel.
Yes, just off the beach, nice little cove are protected from surf.
-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-
TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.
We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.
To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html
We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.
We at the arribadas dot com , station can handle tours and activities specially with children as our work is to teach about the marine turtles. Is easy to contact us at Facebook estacion biomarina arribadas ostional guanacaste , or twitter Lora hills or arribadas.
But if looking for party , is not the best place to come because this is a marine turtles sanctuary. And silence and no lights are require. Let us guide you with the local guides and show school groups , or family groups all there is to know about marine turtles. wendy
Just returned from Ostional and there is a lot to do if you can connect with someone who knows the area well.
- While it is true that most beaches do have dangerous rip currents, there are a few that do not and are perfectly safe for swimming, even with kids as we had.
- There is also good zip lining nearby
- Kayaking up the estuaries to view the mangroves and the fauna is really interesting -- nothing like a cayman eye's view to put perspective on things, and the birdlife is wonderful
- The horse culture is strong in the area so you can go on rides through the area and along the beach
- At different times throughout the year there is also the rodeo and local festivals