We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bugs in June-July

Which Coral Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Penndel, PA
reviews: 51
bugs in June-July

We are traveling to St. John in late June - early July and found a lovely Villa near the beach (walking distance). I am concerned that being that close to the water, we will experience a problem with mosquitoes, etc. (especially at night sitting on the deck). We have never been to St. John but did have a problem like this in the Outerbanks. Would we be better off with a villa that is higher on the mountain? I really like to sit outside in the evening . . . thanks!

Marietta, Georgia
reviews: 5
1. Re: bugs in June-July

I've been going at that time of year for the past few years (and this year). I usually stay higher up, but unless you are literally on the beach in the late evening, you will be fine.

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
reviews: 117
2. Re: bugs in June-July

We've never had problems, but it could be that the resorts spray -- don't know. In any case, the no see ums can be a problem on the beaches after 4 pm or immediately after a rain. We go to the beach in the mornings and early afternoons and leave by 4.

Princeton, New...
reviews: 15
3. Re: bugs in June-July

Usually depends upon the rain a week or so before you get there. Bring bug spray.

South Florida...
reviews: 45
4. Re: bugs in June-July

We always stay up on Bordeaux mountain. Sometimes we've had problems and sometimes we haven't. Last April wasn't bad but May the year before was pretty nasty. Sunset at Francis Bay was almost unbearable but I wanted to get the sunset photo you see in my avatar so I stuck it out. The year we were there in June was better than May. As previously said, it can depend upon previous weather. We bring bug wipes and make sure we use them before heading to the beach for sunset.

I do think the breezes up on the top of Bordeaux definitely helps.

ENJOY

5. Re: bugs in June-July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, February 21, 2014