We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palladio's View

Which Coral Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Palladio's View

Hi All,

It seems like Palladio's View is a great villa, and has some good reviews, but none of them is recent. Has anybody been there recently or can comment about this villa?

Thanks!

1. Re: Palladio's View

Since nobody answered yet, I will add a couple more villas that are somewhat similar in price and location (general Coral Bay area I believe). If anybody minds giving an opinion I'll appreciate it.

1) Palladio's View

2) One Particular Harbour

3) Caribbean Jewels

4) Satinwood

What we are looking for is a comfortable place, with a pool, great views, nice deck and nice breeze. The place does not need to be fancy, but can't be too shabby either. This is for a week in July, and the price preferably should be under $2,000.

Thanks!

CT
Destination Expert
for St. John
reviews: 18
2. Re: Palladio's View

We will be staying at OPH in April. I am really looking forward to it but know that the pool is known to be on the cooler side and there are a ton of stairs.

I am not familiar with the others, sorry

3. Re: Palladio's View

Thank you Tinkerbell.

It seems like we are down to two choices, Palladio's and OPH. The views in both look amazing, and we are leaning towards Palladio's but a little discouraged because of lack of reviews.

Anyone out there?

Northern VA
4. Re: Palladio's View

We stayed at Palladio's in Nov 2008 and very much enjoyed it. The views were fantastic. Plenty of deck space on a couple of different levels. The two master bedrooms are equal in size and amenities and separated by the livng area. There is a third bedrooom with twins upstairs (the tower in the pictures). The house is simply but nicely decorated. The only thing that you might want to consider is that there is no A/C in the bedrooms, unless that has been added since 2008. During our stay, we would not have needed it even if it had it been available. First part of access road to the villa is paved but that goes away after the first third of the way up. Rutted and rough but not scary. We would definitely stay there again.

5. Re: Palladio's View

Thanks!

Raleigh, NC
6. Re: Palladio's View

My husband and I stayed at Palladio's View in May of 2008. I just re-read my travel diary to get some of the details I wrote about the house.There are pros and cons to everything, and for us the cons out weighed the pros, so we would not choose to stay there again. For us the road to the house was horrendous, and we have driven many rough roads on Tortola, are not afraid in the least, but the road to Palladio's was really, really bad. The main plus to the house was the view - it was nothing short of spectacular. It is set into the hillside on many tiered levels: from where you park the jeep down to the house is 26 steps down, 5 steps down to first patio level, 7 more down to jacuzzi, then 8 more down to the pool. Not a huge deal, but kind of a pain. We considered the house rather spartanly furnished. Two equal bedrooms on main floor, two twin beds upstairs. We found the beds to be quite hard, which took a little getting used to. The pool is ok for a dip, but was more like a big bath tub for us then a pool. We considered it an ok value in the off season, but would not stay here again. Good luck with your search. From a St. John fan from Raleigh.

Swarthmore, PA
7. Re: Palladio's View

A message from the owners of Palladio's View:

You can see more current comments from folks who have stayed at Palladio's View at www.palladiosview.com. All of the guest comments that appear there are taken verbatim from the guest book at the villa. Portions of some comments that do not relate to PV but to St. John restaurants, beaches, etc. may be be deleted. Comments do not appear for the latter half of 2011 because the guest book was stowed in a place guests couldn't find it.

Improvements have been made to the Calabash Boom road since 2008. Switchbacks and some other areas have been paved, water bars have been installed to deter erosion of the road, etc. It remains, for the most part, an unpaved road. About 4 minutes from the "main" road at the bottom of the hill.

We welcome comments/suggestions/recommendations for improvement about PV from those who have stayed there

Barbara and David Grove

8. Re: Palladio's View

Thank you waterbaby for your honest opinion, and thank you Barbara and David for giving an update about the status of the road. I also appreciate the fact that you identified yourselves as the owners!

Pennsylvania
reviews: 50
9. Re: Palladio's View

We stayed at Palladio's View last May. We loved it! Great view very private with beautiful gardens, pool and hot tub. The road seems a little rough but you get used to it. Close to the grocery store, resturants and the beaches. We would highly recommend it and would stay there again.

Pennsylvania
reviews: 50
10. Re: Palladio's View

I forgot to mention that the property managers were wonderful. They went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed. They stopped at a grocery store on the way to the villa, helped us out with a gas situtation and a cable box issue. We have rented through other companies and never had this kind of service.