We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train to Florence

Which Province of Lucca hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Middlesbrough...
reviews: 131
Train to Florence

Does anyone know if trains from Camaiore Lido C station carry on to Florence?

10 replies to this topic
London
reviews: 2
1. Re: Train to Florence

I think you'll either have to change in Pisa or Lucca.

Regards

John

Florence Italy
reviews: 2
2. Re: Train to Florence

Hi lil-blenky:

Hit www.trenitalia.com to find out.

Hope this helps.

Middlesbrough...
3. Re: Train to Florence

I see John - I suspected this - thank you.

Apologies, I meant to say I had been on that site but it was telling me that Camaiore wasn't a valid station, but I can see it on Google maps.

Middlesbrough...
4. Re: Train to Florence

My mistake it can find the station - I must have mistyped.

However, it's not finding a "travel solution" so I'm presuming that trains passing through Camaiore don't go to Florence.

Surrey, United...
reviews: 4
5. Re: Train to Florence

lil_blenky,

I'm ready to stand corrected as we don't use the trains in Italy nor have we ever been to Florence but remember reading on the forums that Viareggio is the nearest train station to Camaiore and will take you to Firenze S. M. Novella (Florence) direct.

mesh

Edited: 12:00 pm, January 04, 2013
Latina, Italy
6. Re: Train to Florence

There *are* direct trains from Camaiore to Florence but they all seem to be in the afternoon for some reason. In the morning you have to change at Pisa.

But as mesh says, Viareggio is only a few minutes away and there are plenty of direct trains from there to Florence at all times of the day.

Middlesbrough...
7. Re: Train to Florence

Thank you both very much. I'm just trying to think of the best place to park before getting the train to Florence. We're staying up in Camaiore (villa la bianca) and I've been told Lucca can be busy as a lot of people will be parking there but equally I've been told Viareggio is busy too. Maybe the best thing to do will occur to me closer to the time when I'm a bit more researched. Can't wait until August :o)

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
8. Re: Train to Florence

There is a morning train direct from Camaiore Lido to Florence at 07.07

Surrey, United...
reviews: 4
9. Re: Train to Florence

If the Lucca train station carpark is full there is a much bigger carpark called Carducci on the ring-road outside the walls, turn right from this and it's just a short walk to the station.

mesh

Middlesbrough...
10. Re: Train to Florence

Of course, you have mentioned this car park before I think - much obliged and I'll save your post to my saved trip so I remember :o) thank you!

Reply to: Train to Florence
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Province of Lucca
More Province of Lucca Topics