We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Delos in November?

Houston, Texas
reviews: 326
Delos in November?

We will be in Mykonos on a cruise ship on November 18. Does anyone know if the ferry schedule is the same - 9am, 10am and 11am and return 12:15, 13:00 and 15:00?

6 replies to this topic
Newmarket, United...
Destination Expert
for Antiparos
1. Re: Delos in November?

I hope someone can give you a definitive answer, but I would be very surprised if the summer schedule continues into November. My guess is it will be reduced to one boat a day (not Mondays) over winter, probably the 10am, but I could be completely wrong. If no one else can give you an answer, why not email www.mykonos-delia.com/index.php… , a ticket agent for the Delos boats. Their email address can be found in the contact page: www.mykonos-delia.com/index.php…

Edited: 1:47 pm, September 24, 2012
Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
reviews: 24
2. Re: Delos in November?

Like Heimdall, I'd be surprised if the full Delos schedule continues into November and beyond. Even in May the number of trips is often cut back to two a day, since fuel is expensive and the full schedule can't be justified if there isn't sufficient travel demand.

Houston, Texas
3. Re: Delos in November?

I just emailed them.

Does anyone know where ships normally dock? We are going to be on Cunard's Queen Elizabeth and they said it was either tender or dock but she also mentioned in Tourlos Bay / old town port. I was trying to understand if this requires a taxi/bus as the walk could be 30 minutes.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
4. Re: Delos in November?

If it docks, it will be at Tourlos. If it tenders, it's at the Old Port in town.

The walk from Tourlos is considerably longer than 30 minutes. The cruise line should have shuttle buses available (for an extra charge, of course) which would save you the walking time.

Edited: 2:11 pm, September 24, 2012
Houston, Texas
5. Re: Delos in November?

Donnyb - I had actually called Cunard and they were not aware of shuttle buses. I am guessing these are shuttle buses arranged by the cruise line and not local transportation.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
6. Re: Delos in November?

They're not the local buses at all, but rather a fleet of buses specifically used to transfer cruise passengers between the new port and the old port.

The bus from Agios Stefanos to Mykonos Town passes the new port. There is a bus stop on the road close to entrance/exit to the port area. Can't tell you what the schedule is at this time of year, but a blackboard at the bus stop posts the times the bus drives by. That is an alternative to walking.

I would be surprised if there aren't any shuttle buses at the port given the size of the ship, but then it is off season so I suppose it's possible that service might not be offered in November.

Reply to: Delos in November?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted