We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Info for Hiring Tour Guide in Delos

Gulf Breeze, FL
reviews: 2
Need Info for Hiring Tour Guide in Delos

Our ship stops in Delos on a Saturday from 8 am till 11 am, can I hire a private guide at Delos? Any information on price, and can I bring my own group of people for tour? Thanks for any tips.

4 replies to this topic
California
reviews: 46
1. Re: Need Info for Hiring Tour Guide in Delos

I was just there - about a week after you posted. Delos itself has nothing besides the archeological site. You would have to book a guide from one of the nearby populated Islands. I was on Mykonos, where my guide company was located. They were OK, nothing special. I would assume that other nearby islands, like Naxos, would also have tour companies. I would google those islands and see.

If you only have three hours, and your ship is actually stopping at Delos itself (a very meager pier), you would have to have any guide meet you there. It is about 1/2 hr by boat from Mykonos to Delos, more from Naxos.

Edited: 2:54 pm, August 10, 2011
2. Re: Need Info for Hiring Tour Guide in Delos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:05 pm, January 28, 2013

3. Re: Need Info for Hiring Tour Guide in Delos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:05 pm, May 05, 2014

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
reviews: 41
4. Re: Need Info for Hiring Tour Guide in Delos

Hi Delos T,

Your post is self promotion, which is not allowed on TripAdvisor. It will most probably be removed.

Edited: 4:21 pm, May 05, 2014
Reply to: Need Info for Hiring Tour Guide in Delos
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted